Ointment to treat hemorrhoids that incorporates a vasoconstrictor to reduce and an anesthetic to relieve pain, burning or itching
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS Hemoal FORTE RECTAL OINTMENT
Hemoal forte is an ointment indicated to treat hemorrhoids.
Contains benzocaine which is an anesthetic that relieves pain, stinging or itching and ephedrine which is a vasoconstrictor that desinflama the hemorrhoid.
- Active ingredient: Benzocaine 60 mg per g of ointment.
- Active ingredient: ephedrine hydrochloride 2 mg per g of ointment.
- Excipients: petrolatum, zinc oxide and alcohols.
HOW TO USE
And the area should be washed thoroughly dry before application of Hemoal Forte.
Apply 3 to 4 times a day: mainly in the morning, evening and after each bowel movement.
You can apply the ointment inside the rectum using the cannula included in the package. Lubricate the tube with ointment before insertion.
The duration of treatment should not exceed 7 days. If at this time the symptoms do not improve or even worsen should consult a doctor.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before using this medicine if:
- If you have hypertension, diabetes, thyroid disease, heart disease or prostate hypertrophy.
- If you are being treated with MAOIs or tricyclic antidepressants, antihypertensives, cholinesterase inhibitors, other local anesthetics, sulfonamides or phenothiazines.
- If you are allergic to benzocaine, ephedrine, local anesthetics derivatives of PABA (for amino benzoic acid) or any other part of Hemoal.
To help evacuation of feces it is recommended:
. to follow a diet based on fruits and vegetables as well as proper infestion fluid and regular exercise.
. take some laxative tenderizer or booster stool volume but without excessive use.
It is important to maintain normal bowel function by proper diet of fruits and vegetables, a proper fluid intake and regular exercise.
It may be useful to simultaneously take a laxative, bulking or stool softener but should not make excessive use of laxatives because it could cause intestinal laziness.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
This medicine can be absorbed so its use in pregnant or lactating women is not recommended.
Use in children is not recommended.
It is advisable to reduce the administered since this population is generally more sensitive to benzocaine dose.
- Rare: Reduced blood flow in the area of application, itching or burning in the anus.
- Very rare: headache, anxiety, nervousness, insomnia, palpitations and allergic reactions. Exceptionally may appear cyanosis by increased methemoglobin in the blood. They have also appeared cases of dehydration and hardening of the epithelium of the mucous membranes.
Symptoms that may occur include: headache, nervousness, anxiety and palpitations.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical attention or call poison control center: +34 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Healthcare Reckitt Benckiser, S.A. C / Mataro, 28
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
chemical and pharmaceutical industry Vir, S.A. Laguna, 66-68-70. Poligono Industrial Urtinsa II (Alcorcón)
28923 - Spain
Alacalá Farma, S.L.
M-300 Km 29.920 (Alcalá de Henares) - 28802 - Spain
* All prices indicated are tax included