Prevention of magnesium deficiency states due to poor diets vegetables, whole grains and legumes that are manifested in weakness and muscle cramps that may occur in adults and children over 12 years old
This product is no longer in stock
1. WHAT IS MAGNESIOBOI AND WHAT IT IS USED
This product contains magnesium lactate. It belongs to a group of medicines called "mineral supplements".
It is used for the prevention of magnesium deficiency states due to poor diets vegetables, whole grains and legumes that are manifested in weakness and muscle cramps that may occur in adults and children over 12 years old.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE MAGNESIOBOI
Do not take Magnesioboi if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to magnesium lactate or any of the other ingredients of Magnesioboi.
- Have severe renal insufficiency (decreased kidney function).
- Have or have suffered from heart disease such as angina or myocardial infarction.
- Have or have had a diabetic coma (loss of consciousness due to excessively high or low blood sugar).
- It has been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis (autoimmune neuromuscular disease).
- Suffer from chronic diarrhea or has been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis).
- It has been practiced intervention in the intestine (ileostomy).
- Have symptoms of appendicitis: abdominal pain (pain around the navel) which increases in intensity and shifts to the lower right abdomen with the evolution of the process. This pain can be accompanied by loss of appetite (decreased desire to eat) nausea, vomiting and low-grade fever.
Take special care with Magnesioboi:
- Continued use of this medicine may cause hypermagnesemia (high level of magnesium in the blood) which is characterized by nausea, vomiting, respiratory depression (shallow breathing) and depression of the central nervous system (symptoms can range from drowsiness to coma) , hyperreflexia (exaggerated reflexes), muscle weakness and certain cardiovascular effects such as stress
low blood pressure, decreased heart rate and cardiac arrest.
- The intake of this medicine on an empty stomach can cause diarrhea.
- Patients with kidney disease should consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
Use in children:
Do not administer to children under 12 years old unless medically.
Use in over 65 years old
In patients over 65 who suffer a decrease in kidney function, the dose and frequency of administration of magnesium salts it should be adjusted by the doctor according to the degree of this
decreased renal function.
Using other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription, homeopathic, medicinal plants and other health-related products, as it may be necessary to discontinue treatment or adjust the dose.
This medicine reduces the absorption of
- Antibiotics such as tetracyclines (doxycycline, minocycline, oxytetracycline, tetracycline) and quinolones (ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin).
- Bisphosphonates (medicines used in the treatment of osteoporosis).
Magnesioboi and taking these medications should be spaced at least 2 hours to avoid unwanted interactions.
Taking Magnesioboi with food and drinks
Excessive and prolonged use of products containing magnesium and calcium can cause high levels of calcium in the blood. In these situations you should control the intake of calcium and calcium-rich foods, such as dairy.
Take this medicine after meals.
Pregnancy and lactation
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
It is recommended to cover the needs of magnesium with a diet rich in vegetables, whole grains and legumes to prevent the consequences of magnesium deficiency in pregnancy.
No problems have been reported in infants whose mothers take magnesium at recommended doses.
Driving and using machines
The influence of magnesium on safety to drive and use machines or negligible.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Magnesioboi
This medicine contains lactose. If your doctor has told you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. HOW TO TAKE MAGNESIOBOI
Follow these instructions unless your doctor gave you different advice. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have doubts.
This medicine is given orally.
The usual dose for adults and children over 12 years old is one to two tablets (48.62 mg to 97.24 mg of magnesium), after each of the three meals (from 146 mg to 292 mg of magnesium day). The tablets should be swallowed with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Do not exceed the maximum recommended (6 tablets per day) dose.
Over 65 years old, children under 12 years old and patients with kidney disease should consult a physician.
If symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days of treatment should consult a doctor.
If you take more than you should Magnesioboi
If you have taken more medicine than you should, immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
In cases of poisoning caused by the ingestion of high doses, or in patients with renal impairment with decreased urine output, it can cause increased levels of magnesium in the blood. nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, double vision, dizziness, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, muscle weakness, skin redness, decreased blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbances and cardiac arrest: in this case the following manifestations may occur.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, seek medical center or call the poison control center (Tel. +34 91 562 04 20), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If you forget to take Magnesioboi
Do not take a double dose to make up for missed doses. Take your dose as soon as you remember and continue treatment as before.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Magnesioboi can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
During the period of use of this medicine you have reported the following side effects, which often could not be established accurately. Those that occur most frequently are gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea and vomiting and, less frequently, increased blood magnesium, which may be associated with the following discomfort: drowsiness, double vision, dizziness, muscle weakness, decreased stress arterial.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE MAGNESIOBOI
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
It does not require any special storage conditions.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after EXP. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of containers and medicines no longer required. This way you will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
Composition of Magnesioboi
The active substance is magnesium lactate. Each tablet contains 48.62 mg magnesium, contributed by 404.85 mg magnesium lactate.
The other ingredients (excipients) are lactose monohydrate, macrogol 6000, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate and talc.
Looks like and contents of the pack
Magnesioboi is in the form of white tablets bone, round, biconvex. Each pack contains 50 tablets.
Holder of the marketing authorization
C / Maria de Molina, 40
Responsible for manufacturing
Merck polygon, 08100
Mollet del Valles (Barcelona)
Source: Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products
* All prices indicated are tax included