Mucolytic and expectorant syrup indicated to fluidize and facilitate removal of mucus bronchial
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS AMBROXOL CINFA SYRUP 15 mg / 5 ml
Ambroxol Cinfa syrup contains as active ingredient, a mucolytic and expectorant medicine that works by reducing the viscosity of mucus and facilitating their expulsion.
Ambroxol Cinfa syrup is indicated for bronchial hyperviscosity to fluidize and facilitate mucus clearance.
- Active principle: Each ml of syrup contains Ambroxol Cinfa 3 mg of ambroxol (equivalent to 15 mg ambroxol per 5 ml of syrup).
- Other components: glycerol, citric acid monohydrate, benzoic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sorbitol, raspberry flavor and water.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to ambroxol or to any other part of this medicine.
- If the patient suffers from renal failure, liver, gastric damage, asthma, respiratory or skin reactions failure.
- If the patient is younger than 2 years old, a pregnant woman or a woman breast-feeding.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially some antibiotics, antitussives or anticholinergics.
Ambroxol Cinfa syrup contains sorbitol, please note in the case of patients with intolerance to this sugar.
Sorbitol containing this syrup could produce mild laxative effect.
Do not use antitussive medicines while being treated with ambroxol.
Do not administer Ambroxol Cinfa syrup to children under 2 years old.
PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING
There have been no studies yet sufficient safety in this population so you should check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years old: 10 ml (30 mg) every 8 hours.
- Children between 5 and 12 years old: 5 ml (15 mg) every 8 hours.
- Children between 2 and 5 years old: 2.5 ml (7.5 mg) every 8 hours.
- Children under 2 years old: not manage, is contraindicated.
It is advisable to drink plenty of water during treatment.
If patients with renal or liver may be necessary to increase the interval between doses or reducing the dose of each shot.
The maximum duration of treatment following this dosage is 2 weeks. If longer treatment dose should be reduced by half.
- Common: nausea.
- Uncommon: vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, altered sense of taste and dry mouth.
- Rare: Allergic reactions with rash, pruritus, urticaria and angioedema.
No serious reactions have been reported with ambroxol poisoning. In some cases it has appeared: nervousness, diarrhea, hypotension, nausea and vomiting.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical center or call a poison control center: +34 915 62 04 20
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
Cinfa Laboratories, S.A.
C / Olaz-Chipi, 10. Industrial Estate Areta
31620 Huarte-Pamplona (Navarra) Spain
* All prices indicated are tax included