Double action laxative medicine. It combines 2 plants that regulate intestinal transit (Plantago and Frángula) to treat occasional constipation in adults and adolescents from 12 years
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS LAXADINA 16 ENVELOPES
Laxadina medicine is a laxative double acting regulatory plants containing 2 intestinal transit:
- Plantago ovata: softens and increases the volume of stool to facilitate their evacuation.
- Rhamnus Frangula: increases intestinal motility and reduces the reabsorption of water and electrolytes.
Laxadina is used to treat occasional constipation in adults and adolescents from 12 years old.
- Active ingredients for each Laxadina over 2500 mg of cuticle Plantago ovata seeds and 38 mg of dry extract of bark of Rhamnus Fragula 15.75% solvent extraction glucofrangulinas ethanol 60% V / V.
- Other components: citric acid, inulin, beta carotene, aspartame, microcrystalline cellulose, aerosil and orange flavoring.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
You should consult with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to the active substances or to any other part of this medicine.
- If you have paralytic ileus, intestinal stenosis or obstruction, appendicitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, abdominal pain or rectal bleeding.
- If you have diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hepatitis, nephritis or esophageal or cardia diseases.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications.
While being treated with Laxadina should eat plenty of fluids: between 1 and 2 liters of water a day.
The use of high doses can cause diarrhea Laxadina and continued use can aggravate constipation.
Laxadina contains aspartame, this must be taken into account in the case of PKU patients.
Laxadina should not be given to children under 12 years old.
Patients over 65 years old are more likely to suffer the adverse effects of this medicine. These patients should see a doctor if during the treatment with Laxadina appreciate any adverse reaction.
PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING
Pregnant women who believe they may be, who intend to become pregnant and lactating women should consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
- Adults and adolescents from 12 years old: 1 and 3 envelopes as required taken during meals accompanied with water. During treatment with Laxadina should drink between 1 and 2 liters of water daily.
Bowel movements that facilitate the evacuation of stool usually occur between 6 and 12 hours after taking Laxadina.
Do not take this laxative just before bedtime.
The usual duration of treatment is usually 2 or 3 days.
should not exceed 6 days of treatment.
In the event that the symptoms do not improve after 4 days taking Laxadina should consult a doctor.
- Children under 12 years old: Do not administer, except by prescription.
The most likely adverse effects include gas, bloating, abdominal pain spasms, hypersensitivity reactions and intestinal or esophageal obstruction when ingested mainly illiquid.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion the symptoms that may appear they are cramping and diarrhea. In case of diarrhea the administration of oral rehydration solution is recommended to avoid dehydration and for replacing lost electrolytes.
In these cases are referred to a doctor or call a poison control center: +34 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Laboratorios Dr. Esteve, S.A.
Av. Mare de Deu de Montserrat, 221
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
SINCROFARM S.L. C / Mercury 10 Pol. Ind. Almeda
08940 Cornella de Llobregat (Barcelona)
* All prices indicated are tax included