Frenagar is indicated to treat sore throat, hoarseness and mouth sores, canker sores or relieving pain or discomfort that usually produce
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS FRENAGAR
Frenagar are lozenges containing chlorhexidine as an antiseptic / disinfectant and benzocaine as local anesthetic.
1 tablet every 2-3 hours immediately relieves pain and promotes healing of mild infections of the mouth and throat.
Frenagar is indicated to treat sore throat, hoarseness and canker sores or mouth sores.
- Active ingredients (per tablet): chlorhexidine (5 mg) and benzocaine (5 mg).
- Excipients: sodium saccharin, mannitol, magnesium stearate, povidone, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium cyclamate and aromas orange and menthol.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine, benzocaine or any other part of this medicine.
- If you have intolerance parabens, PABA or para-phenylenediamine.
- If you have severe mouth sores or periodontitis.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially if it comes to other antiseptics oropharyngeal, cholinesterase inhibitors or sulfonamides.
Chlorhexidine contained in Frenagar can result in some discoloration of the teeth so that proper oral hygiene is recommended.
Should rinse the mouth to remove traces of toothpaste before using Frenagar.
Frenagar not be given to children under 6 years without medical prescription.
Patients over 65 are more likely to suffer the adverse effects of benzocaine. Use with caution in these patients.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING
Pregnant or nursing women should consult their doctor before taking Frenagar.
- Adults and children from 6 years: Suck 1 tablet every 2 or 3 hours leaving slowly dissolve in the mouth. They should not take more than 8 tablets a day.
Discontinue treatment if after 2 days using Frenagar symptoms do not improve or if it appears headache, fever, nausea or vomiting.
- Children under 6 years: Administer only under medical prescription.
coloration may appear on the teeth mainly in patients with accumulation of dental tartar. This discoloration of the teeth can be removed by performing a dental cleaning.
The coloring can also affect fillings.
Other reported adverse effects include irritation in the mouth, taste alterations in allergic reactions.
Symptoms that may occur in case of overdosage include drowsiness, difficulty speaking, walking, dizziness, hypotension, vision disturbances, tinnitus and nervousness.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion go as soon as possible to a medical center or call a poison control center (+034) 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Johnson & Johnson S.A.
Pº of the Twelve Stars, 5-7
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
Laboratorios Alcala Farma, SL
Ctra. M-300, Km. 29.920
28802 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
Photoprotector with protection factor...
Dressings to protect against friction...
Food supplement to promote recovery...
* All prices indicated are tax included