Fortasec works by reducing secretions and intestinal movements.
It is indicated in adults and adolescents from 12 years old to treat diarrhea
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS FORTASEC 10 capsules
Fortasec is an antidiarrheal medicine containing as active ingredient loperamide. This compound reduces motility and intestinal secretions.
Fortasec is indicated to treat diarrhea in children and adolescents from 12 years old.
- Active ingredient: Each capsule contains 2 mg Fortasec loperamide hydrochloride.
- Excipients: lactose, talc, magnesium stearate and colloidal silicon dioxide.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If the patient is allergic to loperamide or any other compound of this medicine.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have lactose intolerance.
- If the patient is younger than 12 years.
- If you are currently being treated with quinidine, ritonavir, saquinavir, desmopressin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, broad-spectrum antibiotics, gemfibrozil, St. John's wort, valerian or opioid analgesics.
Consult your doctor if during treatment with Fortasec:
- Colitis, estreñiminento, fever, blood stools, bloating, diarrhea is aggravated or decrease peristalsis appears.
- If no improvement after 2 days of treatment.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING
Still not been enough safety studies in pregnant women so Fortasec use is not recommended during pregnancy.
Loperamide is excreted in breast milk. Women breastfeeding should only take Fortasec medically indicated.
Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old only by prescription.
DRIVING AND HANDLING OF DANGEROUS MACHINERY
Fortasec may cause dizziness, drowsiness or fatigue. Keep this in mind if driving or operating dangerous machinery.
- Adults: Take 2 capsules together at the start of treatment and persists while diarrhea should take 1 capsule after each bowel movement. Do not take more than 8 capsules daily.
- Children from 12 years: 1 capsule at the start of treatment and persists while diarrhea should take 1 capsule after each bowel movement.
. Children from 47 kg should not take more than 7 capsules a day.
. Children from 40 kg should not take more than 6 capsules a day.
. Children from 34 kg should not take more than 5 capsules a day.
. Children from 27 kg should not take more than 4 capsules a day.
- Appear frequently: dizziness, nausea, gas, constipation and headache.
- Infrequently appear: vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, drowsiness, rash and dry mouth.
- Rarely they appear: stupor, fatigue, abdominal swelling, bowel paralysis, hypertonia, megacolon, impaired coordination, itchy skin, blisters, severe allergic reactions, miosis and urinary retention.
It must go as soon as possible to a medical facility if they appear: skin rashes, intense abdominal pain, swelling of face and lips, difficulty breathing or swallowing or loss of consciousness.
Patients suffering from overdose or accidental ingestion should immediately go to a medical center or call the poison control information (+034) 91 562 04 20
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
Laboratorios Dr. Esteve, S.A.
Sant Marti, s / n. Pol. Industrial Rock
08147 Barcelona - Spain
* All prices indicated are tax included