* All prices include VAT
Indicated for the local relief of pain and inflammation caused by: small bumps, bruises, stiff neck or other spasms, minor sprains, lumbago ...
This product is no longer in stock
1. What it is Flogoprofen spray and what it is used
Flogoprofen is an anti-inflammatory medicine with analgesic properties used for the topical treatment of painful and inflammatory processes.
Flogoprofen is indicated in adults and adolescents (over 12 years old) for the local relief of pain and inflammation and occasional mild produced by: small contusions, bruises, stiff neck or other contractures, lumbago and minor sprains.
2. What you need to know before using Flogoprofen spray
Do not use Flogoprofen if:
- If you are allergic to etofenamate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- If the area where you should apply the gel is irritated, injured or has a skin disease.
- On mucous membranes and eyes.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or other anti-inflammatory.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start using Flogoprofen
- Use only on intact skin, not on open wounds, mucous membranes or irritated skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes, if it occurs wash thoroughly with water.
- Do not use the product in large areas or prolonged. It can cause irritation and dry skin.
- Do not use occlusive dressings.
- Avoid applying the same area as other topical preparations.
- Do not expose the treated area in the sun to reduce the risk of allergic reaction photosensitivity.
- Take special care if you have: peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis, coagulation disorders, high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney failure or liver failure.
- Do not use near fire sources or spray on fire. Keep protected from excessive heat pack.
If symptoms persist more than 7 days or irritation or worsening occurs, you should consult your doctor.
This medicine may cause skin irritation because it contains dimethyl sulfoxide and propylene glycol.
Children and adolescents
Do not use in children under 12 years old.
Flogoprofen use with other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, especially if it comes to other analgesics, including those obtained without a prescription.
- Avoid applying Flogoprofen in the same area as other topical preparations.
- Simultaneous use with anti-infective topical medications is not recommended.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Flogoprofen not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor thinks it is clearly necessary.
During lactation, this medicine should only be applied in small areas and for a short period of time.
Driving and using machines
Flogoprofen influence on the ability to drive and use machines.
3. Using Flogoprofen spray
Follow the instructions exactly this medicine provided by your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, refer back to your doctor or pharmacist.
Adults and adolescents (over 12 years old): Apply 3 or 4 times a day a thin layer of solution on the affected area and rub lightly to absorb.
Wash hands after each application.
Do not use in children under 12 years old given the lack of data on safety and efficacy in this population.
If you use more than you should Flogoprofen
Due to their cutaneous use, it is unlikely to occur poisoning. However, if you have used this medicine more than they should, or in case of accidental ingestion, seek immediate medical center or call poison control center (Tel: +34 915620420), indicating the medicine and the amount taken; It may occur skin irritation, headache, dizziness or abdominal pain. Remove the medicine by washing the entire surface with plenty of water.
If you forget to Flogoprofen
Do not use a double dose to make up the missed dose.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Flogoprofen can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Among these adverse effects they are included in order of decreasing frequency:
- Skin disorders and subcutaneous tissue: skin redness; allergic skin reactions (itching, rash, redness, swelling or blistering) usually disappear quickly with discontinuation of treatment; allergic reactions in the skin by exposure to sunlight.
If you experience side effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist, even if it comes to possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
5. Conservation of Flogoprofen
It does not require any special storage conditions.
Highly flammable liquid, keep away from open flames and excessive heat. Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after EXP. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
Composition of Flogoprofen spray
- The active substance is etofenamate. Each milliliter of solution contains 50 mg of etofenamate.
- The other ingredients are dimethyl sulfoxide, turpentine, levomenthol, propylene glycol and 96% ethanol.
Looks like and contents of the pack
Flogoprofen is a slightly yellow solution with turpentine odor which is contained in a polyethylene bottle nebulizer. Each bottle contains 100 ml of nebuliser solution.
Holder of the marketing authorization
Chiesi SPAIN, S.A.
Plaça d'Europa, 41-43, Floor 10
08908 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Responsible for manufacturing
C / San Rafael 3
28108 Alcobendas (Madrid) - España00
Source: Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products