* All prices include VAT
Each sachet contains 1000 mg of Paracetamol. It is indicated for the relief of moderate pain and to reduce fever.
This product is no longer in stock
1. What is Xumadol
- Xumadol belongs to the group of medicines called analgesics (medications to treat pain and antipyretics (medicines to treat fever) anilines.
- This medicine is used for the relief of moderate pain and fever.
2. Before you start taking Xumadol
Check with your doctor before taking Xumadol if:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- If you have liver disease.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking this medicine.
- If you have kidney disease, the interval between two doses must be at least 8 hours.
- If you have heart disease or lung disease or anemia (low hemoglobin in the blood, or because of a decrease in red blood cells, you should consult your doctor
before taking this medicine.
- In chronic alcoholics should be careful not to take more than 2 g / day of paracetamol.
- Caution is advised in patients sensitive to aspirin (aspirin) asthma.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose in paragraph 3. How to take Xumadol.
If the pain persists for more than 5 days, fever more than 3 days or pain or fever worsen or other symptoms, consult a doctor and re-evaluate the clinical situation.
Children and adolescents:
In children and adolescents under 15 consult your doctor or pharmacist as there are other presentations at doses that cater to this group of patients.
Interference with laboratory tests:
If you are going to perform analytical testing (including blood, urine, etc ...) inform the doctor that you are taking this medicine because it can alter the results of those tests.
Xumadol use with other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Paracetamol can interact with the following medications:
- Antibiotics (chloramphenicol)
- Oral anticoagulants (used for the treatment of thromboembolic diseases).
- Antiepileptics (used for the treatment of epileptic seizures).
- Diuretics (used to increase urine output).
- Isoniazid (used for the treatment of tuberculosis).
- Lamotrigine (used for the treatment of epilepsy).
- Probenecid (used to treat gout).
- Propranolol (used for the treatment of hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias).
- Rifampicin (used for the treatment of tuberculosis).
- Anticholinergics (used to relieve spasms or contractions of the stomach, intestines and bladder).
- Zidovudine (used for the treatment of HIV infections).
- Colestiramida (used to lower blood cholesterol levels).
Do not use with other analgesics (medications that reduce pain) without consulting a doctor.
Taking Xumadol with food, drink and alcohol
The use of paracetamol in patients who consume alcohol regularly (three or more alcoholic drinks a day) can cause liver damage.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or breast feeding, or think you might be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Acetaminophen passes into breast milk so women breastfeeding should consult their doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Driving and using machines
The influence of paracetamol on the ability to drive and use machines or negligible.
Xumadol contains aspartame. This medicine may be harmful for people with phenylketonuria because it contains aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
Xumadol contains sodium. Patients with sodium diet should be aware that this medicine contains 91.34 mg (3.97 mmol) of sodium per sachet.
3. How to take Xumadol
Follow the instructions exactly this medicine provided by your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, refer back to your doctor or pharmacist.
This medicine is given orally, by dissolving the contents of the envelope in a glass of water.
Do not take until effervescence ceases completely.
The recommended dose is:
- Adults and adolescents over 15 years: 1 about every 4-6 hours, not to exceed 4 grams (4 sachets) of paracetamol in 24 hours.
- Elderly patients should consult their doctor as it may recommend a dose reduction.
- In case of severe kidney failure, the interval between two doses should be at least 8 hours.
Always take the lowest possible dose required for symptom relief.
Taking this medicine is subject to the occurrence of painful symptoms or fever. As this medication may disappear should be discontinued.
If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 5 days, you should consult with your doctor.
If you take more than you should Xumadol
You should immediately consult your doctor or your pharmacist. In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, immediately seek medical center or call the Information Service
Toxicological +34 91 562 04 20, indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If swallowed an overdose, you should quickly go immediately to a medical center even if no symptoms because they often do not appear until after 3 days from the ingestion of overdose, even in cases of severe poisoning.
Symptoms of overdose may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice) and abdominal pain.
Treatment of overdose is most effective if started within 4 hours after ingestion of the medicine.
Patients treated with barbiturates or chronic alcoholics, may be more susceptible
toxicity of acetaminophen overdose.
If you forget to take Xumadol
Do not take a double dose to make up for missed doses.