* All prices include VAT
Antitussive syrup indicated to soothe dry cough (irritative or nerve) in adults and children aged 2 years old
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS LEVODROPROPIZINA STADA SYRUP
This syrup contains as active ingredient levodropropizine. This compound has an antitussive action by exerting an antiallergic effect, antispasmodic and local anesthetic tracheobronchial level.
Levodropropizine Stada is indicated to treat dry cough, both irritative and nerve in adults and children from 2 years old.
- Active ingredient: 6 mg levodropropizine.
- Excipient: 1.2 mg of methyl parahydroxybenzoate.
- Excipient: 0.3 mg propyl parahydroxybenzoate.
- Excipients: 350 mg of sucrose.
- Adults: 10 ml every 8 hours. Do not administer more than 3 times every 24 hours.
- Children over 2 years old: 1 mg / kg every 8 hours. Do not administer more than 3 times every 24 hours.
- Children under 2 years old: Do not administer unless medically indicated.
Levodropropizine administration should preferably be made at least half an hour before meals.
Treatment should continue as long as cough.
Call your doctor if the cough lasts more than two weeks in adults or more than 1 week in children.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to levodropropizine or any other excipient of this medicine.
- If you have broncorrea.
- If the patient is a pregnant or lactating woman.
- If the patient has less than 2 years old.
- If you have liver failure, kidney, or persistent cough, asthma, pulmonary emphysema.
- If you are being treated with mucolytics and expectorants.
- If you are being treated with depressant medicines central nervous system.
Levodropropizine contains sucrose as an excipient: please note intolerance in patients with these sugars.
Methyl parahydroxybenzoate and propyl parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic REACTIONS.
This medicine may cause drowsiness so may decrease the ability to handle dangerous machinery or driving.
It is inadvisable to use this medicine for more than 1 week.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
The use of this medicine in pregnant women, women who might become pregnant and breast-feeding is not recommended.
- Children under 2 years old: Do not administer because it has not established its safety.
- Between 2 and 6 years old: Administer only for medical reasons.
The adverse effects most frequently reported are diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, vomiting; drowsiness, fatigue, headache, dizziness; palpitations; dyspnoea; hypersensitivity reactions
It not registered any case of overdose but be the case the appearance of transient tachycardia could be expected.