* All prices include VAT
Syrup solution in single dose sachets indicated to relieve cough and facilitate expectoration in flu and colds
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS CINFATOS EXPECTORANT
This medicine contains as an antitussive dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin as an expectorant.
It is indicated in adults and children aged 6 years and relieve cough and facilitate expectoration in flus and colds.
- Active ingredient: dextromethorphan hydrobromide (10 mg).
- Active ingredient: guaifenesin (100 mg).
- Excipients: sodium saccharin, sorbitol solution 70%, povidone, sodium benzoate, citric acid monohydrate, orange flavoring and purified water.
BEFORE YOU TAKE CINFATOS EXPECTORANT
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- Are allergic to any of the active ingredients or excipients Cinfatos expectorant.
- You suffer from asthma or severe lung disease.
- Cough with plenty of mucus or phlegm.
- It is or has been treated in the past 2 weeks:
. monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
. amiodarone and quinidine.
. antiinflammatory type: celecoxib, valdecoxib parecoxib or.
. hypnotics or sedatives.
. expectorants or mucolytics.
- It is intolerant to fructose.
- Have any liver disease.
- Suffers from atopic dermatitis.
- If it is a weak, sedated or bedridden patients.
Do not take with alcohol, bitter orange juice or grapefruit juice: The consumption of these beverages during treatment with Cinfatos may cause adverse effects.
This medicine contains sorbitol. Do not take if you have fructose intolerance.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnant or lactating women should not take this medicine without consulting a doctor
DRIVING AND USE OF DANGEROUS MACHINERY
In some cases it may appear drowsiness or decreased responsiveness, even lightheaded.
TAKING CINFATOS EXPECTORANT
- Adults and adolestences over 12 years old: 1 or 2 sachets every 4 to 6 hours. Not exceed 12 sachets per day.
- Children 6 to 12 years old: 1 of every 4 to 6 hours. Not exceed 12 sachets per day.
- Children from 2 to 6 years old: Administer expectorant Cinfatos envelopes only under medical supervision. Consider administration of expectorant syrup Cinfatos, as this is a presentation of the most appropriate medication for patients of this age.
- Children under 2 years old: Do not administer, is contraindicated.
In patients with hepatic impairment, the dose should be halved. Do not exceed 4 daily doses.
Open the envelope and pour the contents directly into the mouth. You should drink a glass of water after each feeding and plenty of fluids during the day.
If you have taken more than you should expectorant you may notice cinfatós: confusion, excitability, restlessness, nervousness, irritability, nausea and vomiting.
Taking very high amounts of this medicine in children can produce a state of torpor, nervousness, nausea, vomiting or changes in gait.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, seek medical attention or call poison control center (Tel: +34 91.5620420), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
• In some cases there has been drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, constipation, gastrointestinal discomfort nausea, vomiting, headache and itching of the skin.
• In more rare: mental confusion.
If you experience any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist, even if it comes to possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after the abbreviation "CAD". The expiry date is the last day of that month.
It does not require any special storage conditions.
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
CINFA LABORATORIES, S.A.
Olaz-Chipi, 10 - Polygon Areta 31620 Huarte - Pamplona (Navarra)