* All prices include VAT
Rectal ointment to reduce inflammation and relieve pain, itching and burning caused by hemorrhoids
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS HEMORRANE RECTAL OINTMENT
Hemorrane is a rectal ointment containing as active ingredient Hydrocortisone.
This compound is a corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory and antipruritic activity.
Hemorrane ointment is indicated for the treatment of hemorrhoids reducing inflammation and soothing the pain, itching and burning they produce.
Hemorrane ointment is suitable for adults and adolescents from 12 years old.
- Active principle: Hydrocortisone Acetate (11.16 mg per gram of ointment, equivalent to 10 mg of hydrocortisone base).
- Inactive ingredients: petrolatum.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any other part of this medicine.
- If you have bleeding hemorrhoids.
- If any fungal infection, bacteria or viruses in the application area.
- If you have tuberculosis.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications.
Do not use this ointment for more than 7 days. Consult your doctor if symptoms have not improved after 1 week of treatment.
This ointment should not be applied in large areas of the skin or using occlusive dressings.
Hemorrane Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, mucous membranes or open wounds.
USE IN CHILDREN
Hemorrane ointment is not suitable for children under 12 year olds.
USE IN PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING
Because there are no adequate safety studies in pregnant women or breastfeeding should not use Hemorrane ointment unless directed by your doctor.
DOSAGE AND USE
- Wash the application area with mild soap and water.
- Dry with a towel without rubbing.
- Apply the anal or rectal area Hemorrane an amount of about 2 centimeters ointment in the morning and evening. In the case of internal hemorrhoids ointment should be inserted into the rectum using the cannula included in the package.
It is recommended that the ointment is applied after the bowel movement.
Prolonged topical applications of corticosteroids can cause side effects, especially if they have been applied in large areas of the skin or if used occlusive dressings.
Adverse reactions that have been reported are allergic reactions with burning, itching or irritation.
If they suffer any adverse reactions stop treatment and consult your doctor.
Due to the topical application of this medicine, overdosing is not expected as a result of its use.
In case of accidental ingestion seek medical attention or call poison control center: (+34) 91 562 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Faes Farma, S.A.
Street Maximo Aguirre, 14
48940 Leioa - Vizcaya (Spain)
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
Victoria Laboratories, S.A.
Avenida Elias Garcia nº28
2700-327 Amadora (Portugal)