* All prices include VAT
Oral emulsion acts softening and lubricating stool to facilitate their evacuation.
Indicated for the treatment of constipation in adults and adolescents from 12 years old
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS SIMPLE ORAL EMULSION EMULIQUEN
Simple Emuliquen oral laxative is a liquid paraffin emulsion containing as active ingredient.
This emulsion acts softening and lubricating stool to facilitate their evacuation.
- Active ingredient: liquid paraffin (478.26 mg per ml of emulsion).
- Other components: glycerol, lichen extract, gum arabic, benzoic adic, vanillin and water.
DOSAGE AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF USE
- Adults and adolescents from 12 years old: 15 ml before bedtime and if necessary another 15 ml 2 hours before or after breakfast. Not exceed 30 ml daily.
- Children between 6 and 12 years old: 5 ml before bed and if needed another 5 ml 2 hours before or after breakfast. Not exceed 10 ml daily.
- Children under 6 years old: not manage unless medically indicated.
Do not administer or 2 hours before or 2 hours after meals.
Dilute the contents of the container or some cold or hot liquid.
There should be lying at the time of making this emulsion.
It is recommended that during treatment with Simple Emuliquen take between 6 and 8 glasses of fluid per day. This will help protect it from possible dehydration and soften the stool.
The laxative action of this medicine is usually achieved after 3 days of treatment.
A medical you go getting the desired effect should be decreasing the dose of Emuliquen Simple progressively.
If no deposition does not occur after 3 days of treatment should seek medical advice.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to paraffin or any other part of this medicine.
- If you have abdominal pain, gastrointestinal perforation, appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, intestinal cramps or bleeding.
- If you have diarrhea.
- If you suffer from dysphagia (painful swallowing).
- If you have an ileostomy or colonoscopy.
- If the patient is better than 6 years.
- If the patient is elderly.
- If you are being treated with any other medications. It is especially important that Emuliquen Simple is not taken with: oral anticoagulants, digitalis glycosides, oral contraceptives, estrogen or other laxatives, stool softeners.
Do not take this medicine for long periods of time because it produces tolerance dependency.
Simple Emuliquen not take lying down.
Because laxatives over time tend to produce hypokalemia and electrolyte imbalances it is recommended that the patient is well hydrated and your electrolyte levels are normal before starting treatment.
Diabetic patients should be aware that after administration of laxatives for long periods of time the blood glucose concentration may increase.
USE IN CHILDREN
Because of the risk of aspiration at the time of administration, this medicine should be used with caution in children between 6 and 12 years old.
use in children under 6 years old unless medically indicated is not recommended.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnant or breastfeeding should consult their doctor before taking Emuliquen Simple.
Overdose can cause diarrhea, cramps, muscle cramps and weakness.
In this case consult a doctor or call a poison control center: +34 915 62 04 20
Very rarely they have appeared: allergic reactions, lipoid pneumonia, dehydration, anal incontinence, abdominal pain, constipation or lipogranuloma worsening.
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
Avda Bizet, 8-12
08191 Rubi (Barcelona)