Gelocatil 250 mg granulado 12 sobres
Indicated in children for the treatment of mild or moderate occasional pain, such as headaches, dental, muscle or back. It also reduces fever.
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
1. WHAT IS Gelocatil (Panadol) AND WHAT IT IS USED
Paracetamol is effective to reduce pain and fever.
It is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate occasional pain, such as headaches, dental, muscular (contractures) or back (lumbago) and febrile states.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE Gelocatil (Panadol)
Do not take Gelocatil if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Take special care with Gelocatil
- Do not take more than the recommended in paragraph 3. How to take Panadol dose.
- Chronic alcoholics should not take more than 2 g (4 sachets) of paracetamol in 24 hours, spread over several shots.
- They must consult the doctor before taking this medicine:
· Patients with kidney disease, liver, heart or lung disease and patients with anemia.
· Aspirin-sensitive asthmatic patients.
Using other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
In particular, if you are using medicines containing in its composition some of the following active ingredients as may be necessary to reduce the dose of some of them or discontinuation of treatment:
- Antibiotics (chloramphenicol)
- Oral anticoagulants (acenocoumarol, warfarin)
- Oral contraceptives and estrogen treatments
- Antiepileptics (lamotrigine, phenytoin or other hydantoins, phenobarbital, methylphenobarbital, primidone, carbamazepine)
- Antituberculosis (isoniazid, rifampin)
- Barbiturates (used as sleep inducers, sedatives and anticonvulsants)
- Activated charcoal used for the treatment of diarrhea or gases
- Cholestyramine (used to lower blood cholesterol levels)
- Medicines used to treat gout (probenecid and sulfinpyrazone)
- Medicines used to relieve spasms or contractions of the stomach, bowel and bladder
- Medicines used for the heart (cardiac glycosides)
- Metoclopramide and domperidone (used to prevent nausea and vomiting)
- Propranolol used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart rhythm disturbances (cardiac arrhythmias)
Interference with laboratory tests:
If you are going to perform analytical testing (including blood, urine, etc.) to inform the doctor you are taking this medication because it can alter the results of those tests.
Taking Gelocatil with food and drink
The use of paracetamol in patients who regularly consume alcohol (3 or more alcoholic drinks a day) can cause liver damage.
Taking this medication with food does not affect the effectiveness.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
IMPORTANT FOR WOMEN
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, consult your doctor before taking this medicine. Medicine use during pregnancy can be dangerous for the embryo or fetus, and should be monitored by your doctor.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Paracetamol is excreted in breast milk so women who are breastfeeding should consult their doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Use in children
Do not use in children weighing less than 25 kg (less than about 5 years) because it does not allow the dosage of less than 1 per dose on intake (250 mg).
Driving and using machines
The influence of paracetamol on the ability to drive and use machines or
Important information about some of the ingredients of Gelocatil
- This medicine may be harmful for people with phenylketonuria as it contains
aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
- Patients with sodium diet should note that this product contains
57.5 mg (2.5 mmol) of sodium above 250 mg.
- This medicine contains sucrose, if your doctor has told you have an intolerance to certain sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. HOW TO TAKE Gelocatil
Follow these instructions unless your doctor gave you different advice. . Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have doubts. The usual dose is:
· Children: over 5 years (25 kg) dose of 1 sachet of 250 mg every 4-6 hours as needed.
· Adults: dose of 2 sachets of 250 mg every 4-6 hours as needed. For adults it is recommended to use the presentation of 325 mg or 500 mg.
These doses may be repeated, if necessary up to 3 g in 24 hours.
Patients with liver or kidney disease: should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. If your doctor prescribes this medication, you must wait at least 8 hours between two doses.
Open the envelope and empty the contents directly in the mouth. The granulate is readily dispersible in saliva and then swallowed.
It can take as much food as without them. Always use the lowest effective dose.
The administration of this medicine is subject to the onset of pain or fever. As they disappear, discontinue this medication.
If symptoms worsen or if fever persists for more than 3 days or pain for more than 3 days in children or adults 5 days, consult your doctor.
If you take more than you should Gelocatil
You should immediately consult your doctor or your pharmacist.
If an overdose, quickly go to a medical center even if no symptoms because they often do not appear until after 3 days from the ingestion of overdose, even in cases of severe poisoning.
Symptoms of overdose may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice) and abdominal pain.
Treatment of overdose is most effective if started within 4 hours after ingestion of the medicine.
Patients treated with barbiturates or chronic alcoholics, may be more susceptible to the toxicity of an overdose of paracetamol.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, immediately seek medical center or call the poison control center (phone 91 562 04 20), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If you forget to take Gelocatil
Do not take a double dose to make up for missed doses.