* All prices include VAT
Termalgin contains Paracetamol that is effective to reduce pain and fever.
In patients from 12 years 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours reduces fever and / or relieves headache, muscular, dental or back, etc.
This product is no longer in stock
1. What is Termalgin
Paracetamol is effective to reduce pain and fever.
It is indicated in adults and adolescents from 12 years for the symptomatic relief of mild to moderate occasional pain, such as headache, dental, muscular (contractures) or back (lumbago) and febrile states.
You should consult a doctor if it gets worse or the fever after 3 days of treatment or pain persists for 5 days.
2. Before you start taking Termalgin
Consult your doctor before taking Termalgin if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before taking Termalgin.
- Do not take more medicine than recommended in paragraph 3. Taking Termalgin
- Chronic alcoholics should be careful not to take more than 2 grams (4 tablets) in
24 hour paracetamol.
- Patients with kidney disease, liver, heart or lung disease and patients with anemia should consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- When being treated with medication to treat epilepsy should consult your doctor before taking this drug, because when used at the same time, efficiency and power decreases the hepatotoxicity of paracetamol, particularly in treatments with doses high paracetamol
- Aspirin-sensitive asthmatic patients should consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
Interference with laboratory tests
If you are going to do some analytical test (including blood, urine, etc ...) tell your doctor you are taking this medication because it can alter the results.
Children and adolescents
Because the amount of paracetamol of this medicine, children and adolescents under 12 years can not take this medicine
Taking with other medicines Termalgin
Tell your doctor or pharmacist that you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
In particular, if you are taking any of these medicines because it may be necessary to change the dose of any of them or discontinuation of treatment:
- Medicines to prevent blood clots: oral anticoagulants (acenocoumarol, warfarin)
- Medicines to treat epilepsy: antiepileptic drugs (lamotrigine, phenytoin or other hydantoins, phenobarbital, methylphenobarbital, primidone, carbamazepine)
- Medicines to treat tuberculosis: isoniazid, rifampin
- Medicines to treat depression and seizures: barbiturates (used as hypnotics, sedatives and anticonvulsants)
- Medicines to lower blood cholesterol levels: cholestyramine
- Medicines used to increase urine output (loop diuretics such as furosemide group)
- Medicines used to treat gout: probenecid and sulfinpyrazone
- Medicines used to prevent nausea and vomiting: metoclopramide and domperidone
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart rhythm disturbances (cardiac arrhythmias): propranolol.
Taking Termalgin with food, drink and alcohol
The use of paracetamol in patients who regularly consume alcohol (3 or more alcoholic drinks: beer, wine, liquor ... a day) can cause liver damage.
Taking this medication with food does not affect the effectiveness.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you think you might be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Acetaminophen passes into breast milk, so women who are breastfeeding should consult their doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
The influence of paracetamol on ability to drive and use machines is nil or negligible.
3. How to take Termalgin
Follow exactly the instructions of drug administration in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose is:
Adolescents aged 12 to 18 years (43-65 kg):
Take 1 tablet every 4-6 hours as needed, up to a maximum of 5 tablets per day
Take 1 - 2 tablets, if necessary, every 4-6 hours as needed, up to 8 tablets per day.
Patients with liver disease:
Before taking this medication must consult your doctor.
Should take the amount of medicine prescribed by your doctor with a minimum interval between each takes 8 hours.
They should not take more than 2 grams (4 tablets) of paracetamol in 24 hours.
Patients with kidney disease:
Before taking this medication must consult your doctor. Take a maximum of 500 mg per dose.
Depending on your disease, your doctor will tell you whether you should take your medication with a minimum interval of 6 or 8 hours.
How to drink
This medicine is taken orally.
The tablets whole or broken with the help of some liquid should be swallowed. Always take the lowest effective dose.
Taking this medicine is subject to the onset of pain or fever. As they disappear, discontinue treatment.
If the fever stays over 3 days, the pain more than 5 days in adults, or pain or fever increases or other symptoms appear, should stop treatment and consult your doctor.
Use in children and adolescents
This medicine is for use in adults and adolescents from 12 years. Children and adolescents under 12 years can not take this medicine.
If you take more than you should Termalgin
Symptoms of overdose may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice) and abdominal pain.
If you have taken an overdose, immediately you go to a medical facility but no symptoms, since they often do not appear until after 3 days of taking the overdose, even in cases of severe poisoning.
Treatment of overdose is most effective if started within 4 hours after taking the drug overdose.
Patients treated with barbiturates or chronic alcoholics, may be more susceptible to the toxicity of an overdose of paracetamol.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, immediately seek medical center or call the poison control center (phone (+034) 91 562 04 20), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If you forget to take Termalgin
Do not take a double dose to make up for missed doses.