* All prices include VAT
Oral suspension to relieve pain and reduce fever in children from 3 months of age
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS NUROFEN PEDIATRIC 40 MG
Nurofen Pediatric is an oral suspension for the treatment of fever and soft or moderate pain.
Each ml of suspension contains 40 mg of ibuprofen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that reduces pain, inflammation and fever.
Nurofen Pediatric is suitable for children from 3 months of age and more than 5 kg of weight.
It includes a dosing syringe specially adapted for better administration.
As a rule, the recommended daily dose is 20-30 mg of ibuprofen per kg of weight of children divided into 3 or 4 doses per day.
The interval between takes should not be less than 4 hours.
The effect of ibuprofen can last up to 8 hours.
The maximum daily dose of 40 mg of ibuprofen per kg of weight should not be exceeded.
- Children from 3 to 6 months* (Approx 5 to 7.6 kg) --- 1.25 ml 3 times a day (150 mg ibuprofen/day)
- Children from 6 to 12 months* (Approx 7.7 to 9 kg) --- 1.25 ml 3 to 4 times a day (150-200 mg ibuprofen/day)
- Children from 1 to 3 years* (Approx 10 to 15 kg) --- 2.5 ml 3 to 4 times a day (300-400 mg ibuprofen/day)
- Children from 4 to 6 years old (Approx 16 to 20 kg) --- 3,75 ml 3 to 4 times a day (450-600 mg ibuprofen/day)
- Children from 7 to 9 years old (Approx 21 to 29 kg) --- 5 ml 3 to 4 times a day (600-800 mg ibuprofen/day)
- Children from 10 to 12 years old (Approx 30 to 40 kg) --- 7.5 ml 3 to 4 times a day (900-1,200 mg of ibuprofen/day)
- Adolescents older than 12 years --- 10 ml (400 mg) every 4-6 hours without exceeding the maximum dose of 1200 mg of ibuprofen in 24 hours.
* The administration of this medicine in children under 2 years must always be under medical prescription.
Use the minimum dose needed to relieve symptoms.
Once the symptoms have disappeared, the administration of this medication should stop.