Fluimucil complex 12 comprimidos efervescentes


Symptomatic relief for colds and flu-like processes that occur with or without fever, mild to moderate pain and thick mucus.


What Fluimucil complex is and what it is used for

It is an association of paracetamol, an active ingredient that is effective in reducing pain and fever, and acetylcysteine, an active ingredient that belongs to the so-called mucolytics that work by lowering the viscosity of mucous secretions, fluidifying them and facilitating their elimination.

It is indicated for the symptomatic relief in colds and flu processes that occur with or without fever, mild or moderate pain and thick mucous secretions, in adults and adolescents over 12 years of age.

You should see a doctor if it worsens or does not improve after 5 days or if the fever, if any, persists after 3 days.

How to take Fluimucil complex

Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.

The recommended dose is:

Over 12 years: 1 effervescent tablet every 8-12 hours (2-3 times a day). Do not exceed the dose of 3 effervescent tablets per day.

Do not take more than one tablet per dose.

Patients with liver or kidney disease: Before taking this medicine, you must consult your doctor. They must take the amount of medicine prescribed by their doctor with a minimum interval between each intake of 8 h. They should not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours, divided into 3 doses.


Dissolve in a glass of water, do not drink until effervescence has completely ceased.

It is recommended to drink plenty of liquid during the day.

Always use the lowest dose that is effective.

The administration of the preparation is subject to the appearance of symptoms. As these disappear, this medication should be discontinued.

You should stop treatment and see a doctor if it worsens or does not improve after 5 days or if fever, if any, persists after 3 days.

Use in children

Children under the age of 12 cannot take this medicine due to the dose of paracetamol.

If you take more Fluimucil complex than you should

As this medicine contains paracetamol, if you have taken an overdose you should immediately go to a medical center even if you do not notice the symptoms, since these often do not appear until 3 days after ingestion of the overdose, even in cases of severe poisoning.

Overdose symptoms may be: dizziness, vomiting, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), and abdominal pain.

Treatment of overdose is most effective if started within 4 hours of taking the overdose.

Patients on barbiturates or chronic alcoholics may be more susceptible to the toxicity of an overdose of this medicine because it contains paracetamol.

Due to the presence of acetylcysteine, if you have taken more Fluimucil complex than recommended, you may feel an intensification of the adverse effects, especially of the digestive type. They should apply symptomatic treatment.

In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, immediately go to a medical center or call the Toxicological Information Service (telephone: 91 562 04 20), indicating the medicine and the amount ingested.

If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.