Iniston antitusivo 200 ml
Indicated for the symptomatic treatment of nonproductive cough (dry cough, nervous cough) in adults and adolescents over 12 years old
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
1. What it is Iniston antitussive and what it is used
Dextromethorphan, the active ingredient of this medicine is a cough suppressant that inhibits the cough reflex.
It is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of nonproductive cough (dry cough, nervous cough) in adults and adolescents over 12 years old.
You should consult a doctor if worsens or does not improve after 7 days of treatment.
2. What you need to know before you start taking Iniston ANTITUSSIVE
Do not take Iniston ANTITUSSIVE if:
- If you are allergic to dextromethorphan or any of the other ingredients of this medicine listed in section 6
- If you have severe lung disease
- If you have asthma cough
- If you have a cough accompanied by abundant secretions
- If you are being treated or has been during the previous two weeks with medication monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used for depression treatment for Parkinson's disease or other diseases as well as other medicines inhibitors reuptake serotonin used to treat depression as fluoxetine and paroxetine; or with bupropion is a medicine used to stop smoking or linezolid is an antibacterial medicine. (See section Interaction with other medicinal ANTITUSSIVE Iniston).
Warnings and Precautions:
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking Iniston ANTITUSSIVE in the following cases:
- Patients with chronic, such as due to persistent cough or snuff. Especially in children chronic cough could be an early symptom of asthma.
- Patients with liver disease
- Patients with atopic dermatitis (inflammatory skin disease characterized by erythema, itching, oozing, crusting and scaling, which begins in childhood allergic individuals with hereditary predisposition)
- Patients are sedated, debilitated or bedridden.
There have been instances of abuse with medicines containing dextromethorphan in adolescents therefore be taken into account this possibility, because it can cause serious adverse effects (see section: Iniston ANTITUSSIVE If you take more than you should).
This medicine containing 6% ethanol (alcohol), which corresponds to an amount of 471 mg per dose, equivalent to approximately 11.8 ml beer or 4.7 ml of wine. This medicine is harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The alcohol content should be considered in the case of pregnant or breastfeeding, children and high risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy. The amount of alcohol in this medicine may alter the effects of other medicines. The amount of alcohol in this medicine may impair your ability to drive or operate machinery.
This medicine contains glucose. If your doctor has told you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine. Patients with diabetes mellitus should be aware that this medicine contains 4.8 g of glucose per dose.
This medicine contains sucrose. If your doctor has told you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine. Patients with diabetes mellitus should be aware that this medicine contains 3.25 g of sucrose per dose.
This medicine contains sorbitol (E-420). If your doctor has told you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine. You can produce a mild laxative effect because it contains 0.7 g of sorbitol per dose. calorific value: 2.6 kcal / g sorbitol
Patients with sodium diet should be aware that this medicine contains 9.2 mg (0.4 mmol) of sodium per dose.
Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old.
Taking other medicines:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Dextromethorphan interaction with food, drink and alcohol:
Should not drink alcohol during treatment because it can cause adverse effects.
Not be taken together with grapefruit juice, orange or bitter because they may increase the adverse effects of this medicine.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or breast feeding, or think you might be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine. Medicine use during pregnancy can be dangerous for the embryo or fetus, and should be monitored by your doctor.
Driving and using machines
On rare occasions, during treatment, you may appear drowsiness and dizziness, mild, so if noticing these symptoms you should not drive a car or operate hazardous machinery.
3. How to take Iniston ANTITUSSIVE
Follow exactly the instructions of medicine administration in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose is:
Adults and adolescents from 12 years old: take 10 ml every 6 or 4 hours if necessary. You can also take 20 ml every 6 to 8 hours as needed.
The maximum amount that can be taken in 24 hours is 4 doses of 20 ml.
How to take
Iniston antitussive taken orally. For the medicine use dosing cup.
It can be taken with or without food.
Do not take with grapefruit juice or bitter orange or with alcohol (see section Iniston Dextromethorphan interaction of food, beverages and alcohol)
You should consult your doctor if it gets worse, if the symptoms are accompanied by high fever, rash or persistent headache, or does not improve after 7 days of treatment.
If you take more than you should:
If you take more than the recommended Iniston ANTITUSSIVE you may notice: confusion, excitability, restlessness, nervousness and irritability.
Taking very high amounts of this medicine in children can produce a state of torpor, nervousness, nausea, vomiting or changes in gait.
There have been instances of abuse with medicines containing dextromethorphan, serious adverse effects such as :, tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat), lethargy, hypertension or hypotension (high or low voltage), mydriasis (dilation of the pupil of the eye may appear ), agitation, dizziness, gastrointestinal disturbances, hallucinations, slurred speech, nystagmus (uncontrolled, involuntary eye movement), fever, tachypnea (rapid, shallow breathing), brain damage, ataxia (uncoordinated movements), seizures, respiratory depression, loss awareness, arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) and death.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, seek medical attention or call Information Service
Toxicological (phone: +34 915 620 420), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If you forget to take Iniston ANTITUSSIVE:
If you forget to take Iniston ANTITUSSIVE not take a double dose to make up the missed dose. If symptoms continue, retake the medicine in the same manner as described in section 3. How to take Iniston cough suppressant.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Iniston ANTITUSSIVE can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
During the period of use of dextromethorphan, we have observed the following side effects whose frequency has not been able to establish exactly:
· In some cases drowsiness or insomnia, dizziness, vertigo, constipation or diarrhea, gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea and vomiting
· In more rare: mental confusion and headache. It can also cause angioedema, itching, hives and itching and insomnia.
5. Conservation of Iniston ANTITUSSIVE
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not store above 30 ° C
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after EXP. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Place containers and medicines no longer required in Point SIGRE pharmacy. If in doubt, ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. This way you will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
- The active substance is dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Each ml of syrup contains 1.5 mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
- The other ingredients (excipients) are: Glucose, Sucrose, Sorbitol (E-420), Ethanol 6% v / v final Glycerol (E-422), sodium saccharin, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E-211), T12 caramel, peach flavor, L-Menthol, Carbomer and purified water.
Authorization holder responsible for marketing and manufacturing: Holder of the marketing authorization:
Johnson & Johnson, S.A.
Paseo de las Doce Estrellas, 5-7.
Responsible for manufacturing:
4 Avenue de Concyr
45100. Orleans (France)