* All prices include VAT
Medicine in tablets indicated for the treatment of varicose veins reducing swelling, pain, itching and heaviness of the legs
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS THROMBESCINA
Thrombescina is a medicine in tablets tablets based in extract of Horse Chestnut seeds. The active ingredient of this dry extract is escin, a saponin that reduces swelling, increases capillary resistance and improves blood flow.
This medicine is indicated for the treatment of venous insufficiency of the legs with varicose veins.
Thrombescina reduces pain, itching, cramps and feeling of heaviness in the legs.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to the seeds of horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) or any other compound of Thrombescina.
- If you have gastritis, peptic or duodenal ulcer, or liver or kidney failure.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially if it is antiplatelets, anticoagulants, penicillin or cephalosporins.
See a doctor if after administration of this medicine is so manifest edema with sudden pain, heat or discoloration of the skin.
- Active ingredient: Each tablet contains 263.2 mg Thrombescina dry extract of Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut).
- Excipients: hydrogen Calcium, polyacrylic acid derivatives, dispersed silicon dioxide, polysorbate 80, triethyl citrate, povidone, crospovidone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, macrogol 4000, talc, dimethicone, sodium saccharin, vanillin, iron oxide and titanium dioxide .
- Adults and adolescents from 12 years old: 1 tablet every 12 hours, preferably after breakfast and dinner.
- Children under 12 years old: Do not administer unless medically indicated.
The tablets should be swallowed without chewing.
Each taking one tablet of Thrombescina must be accompanied with a glass of water.
The recommended duration of treatment is 1 to 2 months.
During treatment is recommended to use compression stockings or elastic bandages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Because they have not yet done enough safety studies in humans use in pregnant or breast-feeding is not recommended.
Adverse effects occur rarely and are mild.
Adverse reactions are: gastritis, heartburn or nausea; itchy skin or rash reactions; and rarely liver or kidney failure.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion they have appeared: diarrhea, vomiting, dilated pupils, polydipsia, or coma.
In these cases as soon as possible go to a medical center or call a poison control center: 915 62 04 20
Store at a temperature below 25° C.
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING AUTHORISATION HOLDER AND MARKETING
Lacer Laboratories, S.A.
08025 Barcelona (Spain)