Cinfamar Cafeína 4 comprimidos
Prevention and treatment of symptoms of dizziness caused when traveling by car, boat or plane, such as nausea, vomiting or dizziness.
Caffeine counteracts sleepiness usually occurs dimenhydrinate.
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
1. What is cinfamar caffeine and what it is used
Cinfamar caffeine is a medicine that contains two active substances: dimenhydrinate and caffeine.
Dimenhydrinate acts against nausea produced by the means of locomotion. Caffeine has a stimulating action of the nervous system, which counteracts the effect of which can cause drowsiness dimenhydrinate.
cinfamar caffeine is indicated for the prevention and treatment of symptoms of dizziness caused by transportation by land, sea or air, such as nausea, vomiting and / or dizziness in adults and children over 12 years old.
2. What you need to know before you start taking caffeine cinfamar
Do not take caffeine cinfamar if:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine, caffeine (or derivatives thereof, such as aminophylline, theophylline, etc.) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- If you have porphyria (rare disorder, usually inherited, in which large amount of porphyrin excreted in urine and feces).
- If you have asthma attacks.
- If you suffer from mental disorders that cause nervous excitement or crises that appear convulsive movements, with or without loss of consciousness (epilepsy).
- If you suffer from insomnia or anxiety states (difficulty sleeping).
- If you have severe disorders of liver or heart.
- If you have stomach ulcers or duodenum.
- If you have high blood pressure.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking cinfamar caffeine. In particular, ask if you have or have previously had any of the following circumstances:
- If you have asthma or severe respiratory diseases (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, chronic bronchitis), as can produce a thickening of the secretions which can alter the expectoration.
- If you have a disease in which an abnormal increase in activity of the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma) occurs, presents enlarged prostate (prostatic hypertrophy) or disease causing clogging of the apparatus urinary or gastrointestinal tract.
- If you are over 65 dry mouth, urinary retention, nausea, sedation, confusion and lowering the pressure (hypotension) may occur.
- If you are using a medicine that causes toxicity in the ear, which manifests with symptoms like ringing in the ears, dizziness or vertigo, as this medicine may mask the symptoms of these toxic effects.
- If you are diabetic should be aware that caffeine can raise blood sugar levels.
- If you have a disease or disorder of the liver, kidney, stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer or stomach inflammation (gastritis) should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you are sensitive to caffeine or other xanthines such as theophylline, aminophylline or other, you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you suspect you may have appendicitis symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramping, you should go to a doctor for it can rule out the presence or absence of appendicitis, as dimenhydrinate may hinder the diagnosis of this disease.
You should consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you have or have had heart diseases or disorders (cardiac arrhythmia, myocardial ischemia, etc.), especially when performing physical exercise or are in areas of high altitude.
It is recommended to avoid exposure to very high temperatures and follow a hygienic and dietary appropriate measures such as adequate ventilation and hydration.
Avoid exposure to sunlight (even when cloudy) and ray lamps U.V.A. (Ultraviolet rays) while taking this medicine.
The simultaneous use of snuff with caffeine contained in this medicine may increase degradation of caffeine, so you may feel drowsy.
Do not use this medicine in children under 12 years old.
Taking caffeine with other medicines cinfamar
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, you have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Interference with diagnostic tests
If you are going to perform analytical testing (blood, urine or other test), tell your doctor you are taking this medication because it may alter the results of those tests.
If they have to conduct any allergy testing, including skin tests (skin), it is recommended to discontinue treatment 72 hours before the test, to avoid altering the results.
In addition, diabetic patients should be aware that caffeine can increase blood glucose levels.
Cinfamar taking caffeine with food, drink and alcohol
Alcohol consumption is not recommended during the time you are taking this medicine.
Limit consumption of beverages containing caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola drinks) while taking this medicine.
Pregnancy, lactation and fertility
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Medicine use during pregnancy can be dangerous for the embryo or fetus, and should be monitored by your doctor.
Women who are breastfeeding should not take this medication without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Driving and using machines
Do not drive or operate machinery because this medicine causes sleepiness or decreased responsiveness to the recommended doses.
3. How to take caffeine cinfamar
Follow the instructions exactly this medicine in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose in adults and children over 12 years old dose is 1 or 2 tablets per dose (50-100 mg of dimenhydrinate and 50-100 mg of caffeine). If necessary, repeat dose every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not take more than 8 tablets a day (corresponding to 400 mg of dimenhydrinate and 400 mg of caffeine).
Use in children
Children under 12 years old should not take this medicine.
Patients with liver disease: should consult a physician before taking this medicine, since a dose adjustment may be necessary.
Cinfamar caffeine is administered orally. The first takes at least half an hour should be done before starting the trip (preferably 1 or 2 hours before), with at least 4 hours between feedings and the next. It is recommended to take the tablets with food, water or milk to minimize gastric irritation.
Do not take the last dose in 6 hours before bedtime to avoid possible insomnia, particularly in patients with sleeping difficulties.
If symptoms worsen or persist for more than 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
If you take more caffeine than you should cinfamar
If you have taken more cinfamar caffeine than you should, immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Symptoms of overdose mainly include: dilated pupils, flushed face, excitation, hallucinations, confusion, irritation of the stomach and intestines with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, abnormal movement, convulsions, deep state of unconsciousness (coma), sudden decrease respiratory and heart functions (cardiorespiratory collapse) and death. Symptoms may be delayed more than 2 hours after the overdose.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, immediately seek medical center or call the poison control center (phone: +34 915 620 420), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, cinfamar caffeine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Adverse effects are usually mild and transient, especially at the beginning of treatment.
During the period of use of this medicine have been observed following adverse reactions whose frequency has not been able to establish exactly:
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain; Lack of appetite and dry mouth; Sleep and sedation (sleepiness); Headache, vertigo and dizziness; Increased viscosity of mucus in the bronchi, making breathing difficult; Urinary retention and sexual impotence; Glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure of the eye); Dilated pupils, blurred or double vision; allergic skin reactions and sensitivity to sunlight after intense exposure, hives, itching and reddening of the skin may appear; Decrease in blood red blood cell number, white blood cells, and platelets; Porphyria (rare disorder, usually inherited, in which large amount of porphyrin excreted in faeces and urine); Hypertension or hypotension (increase or decrease in blood pressure); Tachycardia, palpitations and / or cardiac arrhythmias; hyperexcitability; Tinnitus; disorientation; rapid breathing; Hot flushes; abundant urine output; Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.
5. Conservation caffeine cinfamar
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. It does not require any special storage conditions.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the label after the abbreviation EXP. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or basura.Deposite containers and medicines no longer required in Point SIGRE pharmacy. If in doubt, ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. This way you will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
Cinfamar composition caffeine
- Each tablet contains 50 milligrams of dimenhydrinate and 50 milligrams of caffeine as active ingredients.
- The other ingredients are:
- Core: Corn starch, colloidal anhydrous silica, microcrystalline cellulose, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl A (potato), povidone, talc.
- Coating: Macrogol 6000 Hypromellose 606, 615 hypromellose.
Authorization holder responsible for marketing and manufacturing:
Cinfa Laboratories, S.A.
C / Olaz-Chipi, 10 - Industrial Estate Areta.
31620 Huarte - Pamplona (Navarra). Spain.
Source: Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products