* All prices include VAT
Indicated syrup in children between 2 and 12 years to combat excess mucus and relieve cough that usually appears in flu and colds
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS MUCOSAN PEDIATRIC
Mucosan pediatrico is a syrup containing as active ingredient ambroxol.
Mucosan pediatrico is a medicine that thins a mucolytic mucus to facilitate its removal.
Mucosan pediatrico is indicated in children between 2 and 12 years old to combat excess mucus and relieve cough that usually appears in flus and colds.
- Active substance: Ambroxol (3 mg per ml of syrup).
- Other ingredients (excipients): Sorbitol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerol, acesulfame potassium, benzoic acid, aromas of vanilla and wild berries and water.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this mediamento if:
- If you are allergic to ambroxol or to any other part of this medicine.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars because pediatrico Mucosan contains sorbitol.
- If you have any liver or kidney dysfunction.
- If you are currently treated with any other medications.
- If the patient is younger than 6 years. This medicine is contraindicated in children less than 2 years.
- Between 2 and 6 years old administer prescription only.
- Children under 2 years: not manage since it is contraindicated for this population.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnant women, who think they may be pregnant or breastfeeding should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
Pregnant women should avoid taking Mucosan especially in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Ambroxol is a medicine that is excreted in breast milk so that should be avoided during lactation.
It is advisable to drink plenty of fluids during treatment with pediatric Mucosan.
Each decision pediatrico Mucosan must be accompanied by a glass of water.
- Children between 6 and 12 years old: Administer 5 ml every 8 hours (morning, noon and night). 2 or 3 days elapsed if the cough and mucus have been reduced can change the dosing schedule 5 ml every 12 hours (morning and evening).
- Children between 2 and 6 years old: 2.5 ml administered every 8 hours (morning, noon and night). 2 or 3 days elapsed if the cough and mucus have been reduced can change the dosing regimen to 2.5 ml every 12 hours (morning and evening).
- Children under 2 years old: not manage, is contraindicated.
If after 5 days of treatment symptoms do not improve or even worsen should stop treatment and seek medical advice.
Discontinue treatment as soon as possible and consult a doctor if they occur during treatment, skin lesions or mucous membranes.
- Appear frequently: nausea, numbness of mouth and larynx and changes in taste.
- They appear infrequently: diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, abdominal pain and xerostomia.
- Appear rare: urticaria, rash and dryness in the throat.
- Appear very rarely: severe allergic reactions that cause shock, itching and swelling of the skin or mucous membranes.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical center.
Symptoms of overdose may appear are nausea, numbness of mouth and larynx and changes in taste.
Poisons Information Service: +34 915 62 04 20
MARKETING MEDICINAL AUTHORIZED TO:
Boehringer Ingelheim Spain, S.A.
Prat de la Riba, 50
08174 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona) Spain
Medicine manufactured by:
Boehringer Ingelheim Spain, S.A. Prat de la Riba, 50
08174 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Delpharm Reims, S.A.S.
10 Rue Colonel Charbonneaux