* All prices include VAT
Medicine containing vitamins B1, B6 and B12 indicated to prevent and treat deficiencies of these vitamins due to increased needs or to reduced their consumption or absorption
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS Hidroxil B1 B6 B12
Hydroxyl is a medicine that contains vitamins B1 (Thiamine), B6 (pyridoxine) and B12 (cyanocobalamin).
These water-soluble vitamins involved the multiple metabolic processes of the human body and its deficit usually manifests with back pain, muscle pain and fatigue.
Hidroxil B1-B6-B12 is used in deficiency states of vitamins B1, B6 and B12 as those due to increased needs, reduced consumption, reduced absorption or convalescence.
Each tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: 250 mg Thiamine hydrochloride (Vit B1.).
- Active ingredient: 250 mg of pyridoxine hydrochloride (vit B6.).
- Active ingredient: 500 micrograms of cyanocobalamin (vit B12.).
- Excipients: sodium carboxymethyl starch (potato), modified corn starch and others.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking Hidroxil B1-B6-B12 if:
- If you are allergic to B vitamins or any other part of this medicine.
- If you suffer from liver, kidney or blood disease.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially if it is Levodopa, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Altretamine or Amiodarone.
- If the patient is a child under age 14 or pregnant or lactating women.
It has been a case of dependence and withdrawal 1 month after treatment with low doses of vitamin B6.
This medicine is photosensitive so you should avoid sun exposure during treatment.
Avoid drinking alcohol while on treatment with Hidroxil because this reduces the absorption of these vitamins.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Hidroxil B1-B6-B12 is contraindicated in pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Adults and adolescents from 14 years old: The recommended dose is 1 tablet every 24 hours but your doctor may increase the dose to 2 tablets daily.
The normal duration of treatment is two weeks but your doctor may recommend further treatment duration. In this case the maximum daily dose would be 1 tablet.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with the aid of a glass of water.
- Children under 14 years old: Do not administer, is contraindicated for these ages.
- Very common: change the color of urine.
- Uncommon: headache, nausea, vomiting, tingling in legs and arms, sedation and skin redness.
- Very rare: thrombocytopenia.
- Frequency undetermined: skin lesions, digestive disturbances, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia.
Generally these side effects disappear when treatment is stopped.
The most common symptoms in overdose or following accidental ingestion are: headache, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. They may also appear: skin lesions due to sun exposure, drowsiness and difficulty breathing.
Rarely they have appeared anaphylactic shock.
In any of these cases seek medical attention or call poison control center: (+34) 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
General Mitre, 151
08022 Barcelona (Spain)
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
Almirall Pharmaceutical Industries, S.L.
Ctra. Nacional II, Km. 593
08740 Sant Andreu de la Barca - Barcelona (Spain)