Inistolin pediatrico expectorante y descongestivo 120 ml
Symptomatic treatment of cough with or without nasal congestion. Suitable for children over 2 years old
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
Action of Inistolin pediatric expectorant and decongestant
- [EXPECTORANT], [DECONGESTING NASO / pharyngeal]. Combination of an expectorant with an agonist of alpha-adrenergic receptors, which produces a decongestant effect of the nasal mucosa sympathomimetic agent.
- Symptomatic treatment of [COUGH], with or without [NASAL CONGESTION].
- Children, oral:
* Children over 12 years old: 10 ml / 6-8 hours.
* Children 6-12 years old: 5 ml / 6-8 hours.
* Children 2-5 years old: 2.5 ml / 6-8 hours.
* Children under 2 years old has not been evaluated safety and efficacy.
RULES FOR THE CORRECT ADMINISTRATION:
You should drink water after each dose of medication.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the medication.
- [PORFIRIA]. They could cause acute attacks of porphyria.
- Severe heart disease or uncontrolled diabetes mellitus.
- Patients in treatment with antidepressants of type MAOIs within 14 days before starting therapy with pseudoephedrine (See Interactions).
- This medicine contains sucrose. Patients with [FRUCTOSE INTOLERANCE] hereditary, glucose-galactose malabsorption, or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency should not take this medicine.
- History [kidney stones], as guaifenesin could stimulate formation.
- Patients in whom sympathetic stimulation could worsen conditions such as those with [diabetes], [GLAUCOMA], [HEART] ([coronary heart disease], [Ischemia Coronary]), [cardiac arrhythmia], [HYPERTENSION] [HIPERTIROIDISMO], [PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA] or [Prostatic Hypertrophy]. In case of severe symptoms, it may be advisable to avoid administration of pseudoephedrine (See Contraindications).
- Chronic cough. If after seven days the cough does not improve, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
- This medicine contains yellow orange S as an excipient. It can cause allergic-type reactions including asthma, especially in patients with [ALLERGY SALICYLATES].
- This product contains glycerol. Doses greater than 10 g Glycerol can cause headache, stomach upset and diarrhea.
- This product contains tartrazine as an excipient. It can cause allergic-type reactions including asthma, especially in patients with [ALLERGY SALICYLATES].
- This medicine contains sucrose. The administration of greater than 5 g daily amounts should be considered in patients with diabetes mellitus.
ADVICE TO THE PATIENT:
- Call your doctor if after seven days of treatment, the cough persists or worsens, or if appear along with high fever, rash or persistent headache.
- It should be noted the doctor if the patient has heart problems, diabetes or hyperthyroidism.
- It should be noted the doctor if the patient is being treated with antidepressants or medicines that affect the heart.
- In patients treated with MAOIs, it is recommended not to administer pseudoephedrine products until at least 14 days after the last shot of the MAOI.
- Antihypertensives (beta-blockers, diuretics, guanethidine, methyl-dopa). Pseudoephedrine may antagonize the antihypertensive effects, and even lead to hypertensive crisis, so it is recommended to monitor blood pressure.
- Digoxin. It may increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmias associated with phenylephrine.
- Nervous stimulants (amphetamines, cocaine, xanthine). It could be enhanced nerve stimulation, leading to intense excitability.
- Thyroid hormones. potentiation of the effects of both medicines could result, with the risk of hypertension and heart failure.
- MAOI. MAOIs may potentiate the effects of pseudoephedrine by inhibiting its metabolism, increasing the risk of hypertensive crisis and other cardiac events. It is recommended to avoid the administration of this medicine in patients treated with MAO inhibitors in the 14 days prior.
- Levodopa. The administration of levodopa with sympathomimetics increases the risk of cardiac arrhythmias, so that a decrease in the dose of adrenergic agonist may be necessary.
- Nitrates. Pseudoephedrine may antagonize the anti-anginal effects of nitrates, so it is recommended to avoid association.
- Sympathomimetics, such as nasal decongestants, appetite suppressants or psychostimulants. They could be potentiated adverse effects such as nerve stimulation and tachycardia.
It has not been evaluated for safety and efficacy of this medicine during pregnancy, so it is recommended to avoid using them unless the benefits outweigh the potential risks.
It is unknown if guaifenesin is excreted in milk, but it does pseudoephedrine in small amounts. It is therefore recommended to discontinue nursing or avoid this medicine.
Adverse reactions of this medicine are rare and usually mild. They have been described:
- Neurologic / psychological. [EXCITABILITY] with [nervousness] and [INSOMNIA]. Very rarely [Dreamscapes] may appear.
- Cardiovascular. [PALPITATIONS], [TACHYCARDIA], [HYPERTENSION].
- Allergic / Dermatological. [Eruptions rash].
Symptoms: An overdose can result in most cases a slight nervous excitement, characterized by the presence of anxiety and seizures, and cardiovascular involvement, tachycardia and hypertension. They have also been reported mild gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, and difficulty urinating.
Treatment: If overdose will resort to the usual measures of elimination. It is recommended to administer an emetic and gastric lavage if they have less than two hours after intake. Activated carbon is only effective in the first hour of intoxication. If you have spent more time, you can manage a urinary acidifying to favor the elimination of pseudoephedrine. If urinary retention, proceed to catheterize the bladder.
• Guaifenesin: 100 mg. indications: expectorant / o.m Balsamic: 9/17/82
• Pseudoephedrine: 30 mg. Indications: systemic nasal decongestants. max. 360 mg / day, divided into several shots. o.m: 9/17/82
• Tartrazine (E-102) (excipient): 0.1 mg.
• Sucrose (excipient): 3 g.
• Glycerol (e-422) (excipient): 1 g.
• Orange Yellow s (e-110) (excipient): 0.01 mg.
• hydrochloride: 30mg
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare