* All prices include VAT
Syrup containing an antitussive to relieve cough and expectorant to combat excessive phlegm and mucus
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS CINFATOS EXPECTORANT
This medicine contains an antitussive and expectorant. Therefore it is indicated to relieve cough and facilitate expectoration in flus and colds.
Suitable for adults and children from 6 years old.
COMPOSITION (per ml)
- Active ingredient: dextromethorphan hydrobromide (2 mg)
- Active ingredient: guaifenesin (20 mg)
- Excipients: sodium saccharin, sorbitol solution 70%, povidone, sodium benzoate, citric acid monohydrate, orange flavoring and purified water
BEFORE YOU TAKE CINFATOS EXPECTORANT
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- Are allergic to any of the active ingredients or excipients Cinfatos expectorant.
- You suffer from asthma or severe lung disease.
- Cough with plenty of mucus or phlegm.
- It is or has been treated in the past 2 weeks:
. monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
. amiodarone and quinidine.
. antiinflammatory type: celecoxib, valdecoxib parecoxib or.
. hypnotics or sedatives.
. expectorants or mucolytics.
- It is intolerant to fructose.
- Have any liver disease.
- Suffers from atopic dermatitis.
- If it is a weak, sedated or bedridden patients.
Do not take with alcohol, bitter orange juice or grapefruit juice: The consumption of these beverages during treatment with Cinfatos may cause adverse effects.
This medicine contains sorbitol. Do not take if you have fructose intolerance.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnant or lactating women should not take this medicine without consulting a doctor
DRIVING AND USE OF DANGEROUS MACHINERY
In some cases it may appear drowsiness or decreased responsiveness, even lightheaded.
- Adults and adolestentes over 12 years old: 5 to 10 ml every 4 to 6 hours. Not exceed 60 ml a day.
- Children between 6 and 12 years old: from 2.5 to 5 mL every 4 to 6 hours. Not exceed 30 ml a day.
- Children between 2 and 6 years old: Administer only under medical supervision.
- Children under 2 years old: Do not administer, is contraindicated.
In patients with hepatic impairment, the dose should be halved. Do not exceed 4 daily doses.
Measuring the amount of medication to take with the measuring cup that accompanies the bottle. After use, wash the measuring cup.
You should drink a glass of water after each feeding and plenty of fluids during the day.
If you have taken more than you should expectorant you may notice cinfatós: confusion, excitability, restlessness, nervousness, irritability, nausea and vomiting.
Taking very high amounts of this medicine in children can produce a state of torpor, nervousness, nausea, vomiting or changes in gait.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, seek medical attention or call poison control center (Tel: +34 91.5620420), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
• In some cases there has been drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, constipation, gastrointestinal discomfort nausea, vomiting, headache and itching of the skin.
• In more rare: mental confusion.
If you experience any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist, even if it comes to possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after the abbreviation "CAD". The expiry date is the last day of that month.
It does not require any special storage conditions.
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
CINFA LABORATORIES, S.A.
Olaz-Chipi, 10 - Polygon Areta 31620 Huarte - Pamplona (Navarra)