* All prices include VAT
Spray indicated to relieve nasal congestion in adults and children 6 years old
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS RESPIR NASAL SPRAY
Respir spray is a sympathomimetic medicine containing oxymetazoline. This compound produces vasoconstriction when applied topically in the nose and thus decongest the nasal mucosa.
Respir nasal spray is indicated in adults and children over 6 years old to relieve nasal congestion.
- Active ingredient: oxymetazoline (given 0.5 mg per ml solution).
- Excipients: disodium edetate, sodium phosphate monobasic, benzalkonium chloride, propylene glycol, hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH and water.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before using this spray if:
- If you are allergic to oxymetazoline, any other part of this medicine or some other nasal decongestant.
- If you have glaucoma, heart disease or asthma.
- If you are being treated with other medicines, especially with MAO inhibitors or methyldopa, phenothiazines or asthma medications.
- If you have recently had a cranial operation.
- If you have scabs in the nose or inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
- If you have suffered from vertigo or insomnia when you have been treated with other sympathomimetic medicines.
- If you have or have had: diabetes, hypertension, hyperthyroidism or prostatic hypertrophy.
Respir nasal spray contains benzalkonium chloride and therefore may cause inflammation of the nasal mucosa.
Do not use in children under 6 years old.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
This medicine is not suitable for pregnant women who believe they may be, they intend to become pregnant or breast-feeding women.
OVER 65 YEARS OLD
This population is more sensitive to adverse effects. Use with caution.
HOW TO USE
Before each application is recommended sound good nose to remove fluids or existing nasal mucus.
- Adults and children from 6 years old: Perform 2 to 3 sprays Respir nasal spray in each nostril in the morning and evening (every 12 hours). Do not apply more than 2 times a day.
- Children under 6 years old: This medicine is not suitable for this age group do not apply.
Wipe with a damp cloth applicator after each use and do not share Respir nasal spray with others to avoid infection.
Do not use this medicine for long periods of time.
After prolonged use of oxymetazoline may appear a rebound effect.
- Common: itching nose, sneezing, dryness and irritation of the nasal mucosa of the mouth and throat.
- Rare: anxiety, insomnia, irritability, hallucinations, tremors, palpitations, tachycardia, fatigue, hypertension, headache, flushing of the skin, nausea and vomiting and impaired vision.
nasal congestion It could appear for the rebound effect due to continued or excessive use of nasal spray Respir.
It could be the case of overdose excessive or very continuous applications of this medicine.
In this case the symptoms may include: headache, insomnia, tremors, hypertension, tachycardia or palpitations.
In children they could also appear: hives, nausea and vomiting, irritability, hallucinations, hysteria or edema of the face.
In this case as soon as possible go to a doctor or call a poison control center, TFN: +34 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Merck Sharp & Dohme of Spain S.A
Josefa Valcarcel, 38
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
National Highway I, km 36
28750 San Agustin de Guadalix
Industriepark, 30 (Heist-op-den-Berg)