Cinfatos jarabe 200 ml
Antitussive syrup indicated in adults and children over 6 years for the treatment of dry cough (irritative or nervous)
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
WHAT IS CINFATÓS
Cinfatós is a syrup containing as active ingredient dextromethorphan. This compound acts by inhibiting centrally the cough reflex.
Indicated to treat non-productive cough (dry irritative cough or nerve) in adults and children over 6 years old.
Consult your doctor if you do not improve or gets worse after 7 days of treatment.
COMPOSITION (per ml)
- Active ingredient: dextromethorphan hydrobromide (2 mg).
- Excipients: sorbitol solution 70%, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, citric acid monohydrate, orange flavoring and purified water.
BEFORE YOU TAKE CINFATÓS
Check with your doctor before taking Cinfatós if:
- Have allergy to dextromethorphan or to any of the excipients of this medicine.
- Suffers from a serious lung disease, asthma cough, cough with lots of mucus.
- If you are or has been being treated in the past 2 weeks:
. reuptake inhibitors of serotonin: moclobemide, tranylcypromine.
. monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors: fluoxetine, paroxetine.
. amiodarone and quinidine.
. antiinflammatory type: celecoxib, valdecoxib parecoxib or.
. hypnotics or sedatives.
. expectorants or mucolytics.
- If you have chronic cough.
- If you have liver disease algna.
- If you suffer from atopic dermatitis.
- If it is a weak, sedated or bedridden patients.
Do not take with alcohol, bitter orange juice or grapefruit juice: The consumption of these beverages during treatment with Cinfatós may cause adverse effects.
Cinfatós contains sorbitol. Do not take this medicine if you have an intolerance to this sugar.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Pregnant or lactating women should not take this medicine without consulting a doctor
DRIVING AND USE OF DANGEROUS MACHINERY
In some cases it may appear drowsiness or decreased responsiveness, even lightheaded.
HOW TO TAKE CINFATOS
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years old: 5 ml every 4 hours. If necessary dose could be increased to 10 mL every 4 hours or 15 ml every 6 to 8 hours. Not exceed 60 ml a day.
- Children 6 to 12 years old: from 2.5 to 5 ml every 4 hours. Not exceed 30 ml a day.
- Children from 2 to 6 years old: Administer only under medical supervision.
- Children under 2 years old: Do not administer because it is contraindicated.
Measuring the amount of medication to take with the measuring cup included in the box. Wash the measuring cup after use.
You should drink a glass of water after each dose and plenty of fluids during the day.
It can be taken with or without food.
If you take more than the recommended Cinfatós you may notice: confusion, excitability, restlessness, nervousness and irritability.
Taking very high amounts of this medicine in children can produce a state of torpor, hallucinations, nervousness, nausea, vomiting or changes in gait.
There have been instances of abuse with medicines containing dextromethorphan, can cause serious adverse effects, such as anxiety, panic, memory loss, tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat), lethargy, hypertension or hypotension (high or low voltage), mydriasis (dilation of the pupil of the eye), agitation, dizziness, gastrointestinal disturbances, slurred speech, nystagmus (uncontrolled, involuntary movement oj os), fever, tachypnea (rapid, shallow breathing), brain damage, ataxia (uncoordinated movements) seizures, respiratory depression, unconsciousness, arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) and death.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion, seek medical attention or call poison control center (phone: +34 915 62 04 20), indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- In some cases there has been drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, constipation, gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea, vomiting.
- In more rare: mental confusion and headache.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after the abbreviation "CAD". The expiry date is the last day of that month.
It does not require any special storage conditions.
Medicines should not be disposed of via drains or household waste. Place containers and medicines no longer required at the point SIGRE pharmacy. If in doubt ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. This way you will help to protect the environment.
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
Cinfa Laboratories, S.A.
Olaz-Chipi, 10 - Polygon Areta 31620 Huarte - Pamplona (Navarra)