Viscoteina jarabe 200 ml


Mucolytic syrup is used to fluidize that excessive or thick bronchial secretions, facilitating their elimination


What Viscoteína is and what it is used for
Viscoteína belongs to a group of medicines called mucolytics, and it is used to fluidize excessive and / or thick bronchial secretions, facilitating their elimination.

How to take Viscoteína
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have doubts.
This medicine is administered orally, only or diluted in water or another liquid and preferably before meals. The normal dose is:
- Adults and children over 12 years: 15 ml (750 mg of carbocysteine) three times a day.
- Children from 5 to 12 years old: 5 ml (250 mg of carbocysteine) three times a day.
- Children from 2 to 5 years old: 2.5 ml (125 mg of carbocysteine) three times a day.
It is recommended to drink plenty of fluids during the day.

Instructions for the correct administration of the preparation
In order to ensure a correct dosage and given its use in pediatrics, it is recommended to perform the dosage using the dosing cup included in the presentation that has the following measures marked: 2.5 ml, 5 ml, 7.5 ml, 10 ml and 15 ml.

Place the measuring cup on a flat surface at eye level. Fill it with the solution up to the line indicating your dose.
After use, wash the measuring cup with water.

If symptoms worsen or persist after 5 days, or occurs: fever, skin rash, persistent headache, or sore throat, you should see a doctor.

If you take more Viscotein than you should:
Accidental ingestion of very high doses can produce hypersensitivity reactions, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc.
If you have taken more Viscotein than you should, immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist, or call the Toxicological Information Service, telephone: 91 562 0420, indicating the medicine and the amount ingested.

If you forget to take Viscoteína:
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.

If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.