* All prices include VAT
Indicated for reducing the viscosity of mucus and phlegm, facilitating their expulsion in colds and flu
This product is no longer in stock
1. What is BISOLVON mucolytic and what it is used
Bromhexine active ingredient of this medicine, called mucolytics it belongs to that decrease the viscosity of the mucus, facilitating their elimination.
This medication is used to reduce the viscosity of mucus and phlegm, facilitating their expulsion in colds and flus.
You should consult a doctor if worsens or does not improve after 5 days of treatment.
2. What you need to know before you start taking BISOLVON mucolytic
During the first days of treatment fluidised secretions, you will see an increase in mucus and phlegm, which will decrease throughout the treatment.
Do not take BISOLVON mucolytic:
- If you are allergic to bromhexine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- Do not use in children under 2 years old.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking Bisolvon Mucolytic.
In the case of lesions appear on the skin or mucous membranes, seek medical advice immediately and as a precaution, stop treatment.
Should consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you have severe liver disease or severe kidney disease.
If you have asthma or a history of asthma, have severe respiratory illness or have difficulty coughing.
If you have conditions that predispose to suffer gastrointestinal bleeding, such as stomach or duodenal ulcer.
Children and adolescents
Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old without consulting a doctor. Children under 2 years old can not take this medicine is contraindicated in them.
Taking with other medicines Mucolytic BISOLVON
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Not administered with antitussive (cough) or those which diminish bronchial secretions medicines, since it can cause an accumulation of mucus fluidised.
Taking BISOLVON mucolytic with food and drink
Taking this medicine with food and drink does not affect the effectiveness of treatment.
Pregnancy, lactation and fertility
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
There have been no studies of the effects of Bisolvon Mucolytic on human fertility. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
During treatment with this medicine, sometimes they can cause dizziness, so if tide does not drive or operate machinery.
It contains maltitol liquid mucolytic BISOLVON
This medicine contains maltitol liquid. If your doctor has told you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
You can produce a mild laxative effect because it contains 2.5 g maltitol liquid per 5 ml. Calorific value 2.3 kcal / g maltitol.
3. How to take BISOLVON mucolytic
Follow exactly the instructions of medicine administration in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist. If in doubt ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose is:
- Adults and children over 12 years old: administer 10 ml (16 mg) per dose, 3 times a day. Do not exceed the dose of 30 ml a day (48 mg).
- Use in children and adolescents: children aged between 2 and 12 years old can not take this medicine without consulting a doctor.
Measure the dose with the measuring cup included.
It is recommended to drink a glass of water or other liquids after each dose, and plenty of fluids during the day.
- If symptoms worsen or persist after 5 days of treatment, or occurs: fever, skin rash, persistent headache or sore throat, you should consult your doctor.
If you take more than you should BISOLVON mucolytic:
If you take more BISOLVON mucolytic of what you owe, you may intensify adverse effects especially stomach and intestine type. Immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist or call the poison control center, phone: 915 620 420, indicating the medicine and the amount taken.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, BISOLVON mucolytic can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
They have observed the following side effects affecting:
- Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, pain in the upper abdomen,
- Rare side effects (may affect 1 in 1,000 people): allergic reactions like skin rash and feeling of difficulty breathing accompanied by chest tightness, cough or wheezing, swelling of the larynx with breathlessness and noisy breathing.
Also during the period of use of bromhexine they were observed the following side effects whose frequency has not been able to pinpoint: heartburn, dizziness, headache, itching, anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction) and increased levels of transaminases (liver enzymes).
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if it appears any side effects not listed in this leaflet, stop treatment and inform your doctor or pharmacist.
5. Conservation mucolytic BISOLVON
Does not require any special storage conditions.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the carton after EXP. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
Do not use this medicine after 12 months of opening the package first.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Place containers and medicines no longer required at the point SIGRE pharmacy. If in doubt, ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. This way you will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
- Each ml of syrup contains as active ingredient 1.6 milligrams of Bromhexine hydrochloride.
- The other ingredients (excipients) are: maltitol liquid (E965), benzoic acid (E-210), sucralose, cherry flavor, aroma of chocolate, levomenthol and purified water.
Looks like and contents of the pack
BISOLVON mucolytic is an almost colorless syrup fruity odor.
It comes in glass jar containing topaz 200 ml syrup and includes measuring cup.
Holder of the marketing authorization:
Boehringer Ingelheim Spain, S.A. Prat de la Riba, 50
08174 Sant Cugat del Valles (Barcelona)
Responsible for manufacturing:
Delpharm Reims, S.A.S.
10 Rue Colonel Charbonneaux
51100 Reims - France
SPAIN BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM, S.A.
Prat de la Riba, 50
Sant Cugat del Valles (Barcelona)
Source: Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products