Zoviduo crema 2 g
Cream for the treatment of cold sores.
It has a double effect: it stops the growth of herpes simplex virus and reduces inflammation, pain, heat and redness lip
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
WHAT IS ZOVIDUO CREAM
Zoviduo is an antiviral cream containing acyclovir and hydrocortisone as active ingredients.
Acyclovir is an effective medicine used to treat herpes simplex because it stops growing.
Hydrocortisone is a glucocorticoid that has anti-inflammatory activity (reduces pain, heat and redness).
Zoviduo is indicated for the treatment of cold sores (fever) reducing the symptoms they produce while reducing the possibility of blisters.
- Active ingredients: Per gram of cream: acyclovir 50 mg + 10 mg of hydrocortisone.
- Excipients: propylene glycol, cetostearyl alcohol, paraffin, isopropyl myristate, poloxamer 188, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, citric acid monohydrate and water.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before using this cream if:
- If you are allergic to acyclovir, hydrocortisone or any other part of this cream.
- If there are lesions on the skin caused by a fungus, bacteria, parasites or any other virus than herpes simplex.
- If the patient has a weakened immune system.
- If you are currently in treatment with another medicine.
In some cases this medication may cause contact dermatitis because it contains cetostearyl alcohol and propylene glycol in their composition.
Zoviduo is for use on the skin of the lips, do not apply on eyes, inside the mouth, nose, etc.
DOSAGE AND USE
- Adults and adolescents from 12 years old: Apply a sufficient amount of cream to cover the entire wound and its edges 5 times a day (every 3-4 hours). It is not necessary to apply it at night.
- Children under 12 years old: Do not apply because they have not yet done enough safety studies in this population.
It is important that treatment is started with Zoviduo as soon as possible begin to appear as the first symptoms.
Wash your hands before and after each application.
Avoid unnecessary contact with the wounds as it may aggravate or transfer the infection to other areas.
Do not cover with bandages or dressings the area of skin where applied Zoviduo.
The usual duration is about 5 days. Check with your doctor if no improvement after 7 days of treatment.
- Common: dry or flaking skin.
- Uncommon: itching at the application site.
- Rare: erythema, swelling or changes in pigmentation.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical attention or call poison control center Service: (+34) 915 62 04 20
The tube of cream must be kept tightly closed.
The validity of the cream is 3 months after the tube is opened.
If you find that the cream has changed texture or color not in use.
Consumer Healthcare, S.A.
C / Severo Ochoa, 2, P.T.M
28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid (Spain)
You might also like