Ultra Levura 250 mg 20 cápsulas
Probiotic medicine indicated for the treatment of acute diarrhea and to prevent diarrhea associated with taking antibiotics
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
WHAT IS ULTRA LEVURA
Ultra Levura is a probiotic antidiarrheal medicine containing a live yeast called Saccharomyces boulardii. This organism contributes to replace the pathogenic intestinal flora by the normal intestinal flora.
Ultra Levura is indicated for the treatment of acute diarrhea and to prevent diarrhea associated with taking antibiotics.
- Active substance: Saccharomyces boulardii (250 mg per capsule).
- Excipients: Lactose and magnesium stearate.
TREATMENTS DOSAGE IN ACUTE DIARRHEA
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years old: 1 capsule of 250 mg 1 or 2 times a day.
- Children between 6 and 12 years old: The presentation of Ultra Levura 250 mg is not suitable for this population group, it is recommended to administer Ultra Levura 50 mg: Administer 1 to 5 capsules of Ultra Levura 50 mg per day (maximum 250 mg / day).
- Children under 6 years old: The presentation of Ultra Levura 250 mg is not suitable for this population group, it is recommended to administer Ultra Levura 50 mg: Administer between 1 of 3 capsules of Ultra Levura 50 mg per day (maximum 150 mg / day ).
DOSAGE AS PREVENTION OF DIARRHEA AFTER TAKING ANTIBIOTICS
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years: 1 capsule every 24 hours.
- Children between 6 and 12 years The presentation of Levura Ultra 250 mg is not suitable for this population, it is recommended to administer Ultra Levura 50 mg: Administer 1 capsule of Levura Ultra 50 mg every 12 or 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years: The presentation of Ultra Levura 250 mg is not suitable for this population, it is recommended to administer Ultra Levura 50 mg: Administer 1 capsule of Levura Ultra 50 mg every 24 hours.
Ultra Levura capsules should be swallowed with a glass of water and preferably before meals.
In the case of diarrhea, if it persists more than 2 days you should see a doctor to reconsider this treatment. In these cases the patient rehydration with oral serum is important.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to yeast Saccharomyces boulardii especially or any other part of this medicine.
- If the patient has a central venous catheter.
- If diarrhea is accompanied by fever or vomiting.
- If blood appears in the stool.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially if it comes to antifungal medicines.
You should avoid drinks or hot meals (>50°C), very cold (ice cream) or containing alcohol because they could affect the integrity of the living cells of Saccharomyces boulardii.
By containing lactose this medicine may not be taken by intolerant or malabsorption of certain sugars patients.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
There are no adequate safety studies in pregnant or lactating so it is recommended that you consult a doctor before using this medicine in this population.
- Rare: flatulence.
- Very rare: anaphylactic reactions that often cause urticaria, angioedema and rash eruptions.
In case of overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical attention or call Poison Control Center (+34)915620420.
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Zambón Laboratories S.A.
Maresme 5, Pol. Can Bernades Subira
08130 Santa Perpetua de Mogoda -. Barcelona (Spain)
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
Blaise Pascal Av 1
60000 Beauvais (France)
You might also like