* All prices include VAT
Hidrasec quickly eliminate acute diarrhea without causing abdominal swelling or additional constipation
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS HIDRASEC CAPSULES
Hidrasec is an antidiarrheal medication with intestinal antisecretory effect containing racecadotril as an active ingredient.
The racecadotril thiorphan is a prodrug, which is the active metabolite of this medicine.
The intestinal antisecretory effect of Hidrasec begins to manifest within 30 minutes of taking and kept up to 8 hours.
Hidrasec is indicated to treat acute diarrhea in adults.
- Active ingredient: Each capsule contains 100 mg of Hidrasec racecadotril.
- Excipients: Lactose monohydrate and others.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to racecadotril or any other part of this medicine.
- If the patient suffers from kidney or liver failure.
- If you have diarrhea with fever or blood in the stool.
- If the diarrhea is caused by taking antibiotics.
- If the patient is being treated with any other medications, especially if it is Butylscopolamine or phenytoin.
Hidrasec contains lactose, bear in mind in the case of patients with intolerance to these sugars.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
There are still not enough safety studies in pregnant or lactating so should not this medicine in this population.
Managing only adult patients: 1 capsule every 8 hours preferably before meals.
Hidrasec treatment must continue until 2 regular bowel movements occur.
Stop treatment and consult a doctor in case not notice improvement after 48 h of treatment or if fever.
- Uncommon: headache, vomiting, constipation and fever.
- Rare: rash rashes and dizziness.
- Not known: erythema, urticaria and edema of face and tongue.
It not yet registered any case of overdose even in patients who have taken much higher than the recommended doses.
In case you suffer an overdose or accidental ingestion seek medical attention or call poison control center (+34) 915620420.
The antidiarrheal effect of racecadotril can be reversed with naloxone.
Gran Vía Carlos III, 94
08028 Barcelona (Spain)