Fortasec 20 capsulas
Indicated in adults and children from 12 years old to treat diarrhea (reduce secretions and intestinal movement)
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
WHAT IS FORTASEC 20 CAPSULES
Fortasec is an antidiarrheal loperamide containing as active ingredient. It works by reducing the movements and secretions of the intestine.
This indicated to treat diarrhea in adults and children over 12 years old.
- Active ingredient: Each capsule contains 2 mg of loperamide hydrochloride.
- Excipients: lactose, magnesium stearate, talc and colloidal silicon dioxide.
- Adults: 2 capsules together at the start of treatment and then 1 capsule after each bowel movement if this is diarrhea. should not exceed 8 capsules a day.
- Children from 12 years old: 1 capsule and initial and then 1 capsule after each bowel movement if this is diarrhea.
. Children weighing more than 27 kg: not exceed 4 capsules daily.
. Children weighing more than 34 kg: not exceed 5 capsules daily.
. Children weighing more than 40 kg: not exceed 6 capsules daily.
. Children weighing more than 47 kg: not exceed 7 capsules daily.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you have liver problems.
- If the patient has less than 12 years old.
- If treatment with quinidine, saquinavir, ritonavir, desmopressin, broad-spectrum antibiotics, ketoconazole, itraconazole, gemfibrozil, valerian, St. John's wort or opioid analgesics.
- If you are allergic to loperamide or any other part of this medicine.
- If you have lactose intolerance.
Consult your doctor if during treatment with Fortasec:
- Appears colitis, blood stool, diarrhea is aggravated, or if fever.
- Note constipation, bloating or decreased peristalsis.
- If no improvement after 48 hours of treatment.
This medicine may cause drowsiness, dizziness or tiredness so it should be taken into account when driving or operating dangerous machinery.
Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old unless medically indicated.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING
Pregnant women should not take this medicine since they are not enough studies on the safety of loperamide during pregnancy.
Small amounts of loperamide may pass into breast milk so Fortasec use is not recommended during lactation periods.
In case of overdose contact a doctor, pharmacist or call poison control information (+034) 91 562 04 20
- Common: gas, constipation, nausea, dizziness, headache.
- Uncommon: dyspepsia, abdominal pain, vomiting, dry mouth, drowsiness, rash.
- Rare: abdominal bloating, bowel paralysis, megacolon, fatigue, stupor, hypertension, impaired coordination, skin blisters, itching, severe allergic reactions, urinary retention, miosis.
See a doctor immediately if any of the following: swelling of the face, difficulty swallowing or breathing, skin rash, severe abdominal pain or loss of consciousness.
HOLDER AND RESPONSIBLE MARKETING AUTHORISATION MANUFACTURING
Laboratorios Dr. Esteve, S.A.
Sant Marti, s / n. Pol. Industrial Rock
08147 Barcelona - Spain
You might also like