Gaviscon Forte 12 sobres
Indicated to combat the burning sensation and heartburn.
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
WHAT IS GAVISCON FORTE SACHETS
Forte Gaviscon sachets is an antacid medicament containing sodium alginate, sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate as active ingredients.
Gaviscon Forte acts through a dual action to relieve the symptoms of heartburn:
1) forms a protective raft in the stomach, preventing acid rise into the esophagus and thus combating the burning sensation.
2) rapidly neutralizes excess stomach acid heartburn fighting.
Gaviscon envelopes Forte is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of hyperacidity and heartburn caused by acid reflux.
Gaviscon acts effectively providing quick relief
The active substances are: 500 mg of sodium alginate, 213mg sodium bicarbonate and 325mg calcium carbonate.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Adults and children over 12 years old: 1 to 2 sachets an hour after meals and / or before bedtime. Take a maximum of 8 sachets a day.
- Children under 12 years old: not manage unless medically indicated.
oral administration, preferably after meals and before bedtime.
The contents of the sachet can be taken directly from it without diluting it in water.
should not be taken with large amounts of milk or milk products and which (due to its content of calcium antacids) may lead to increased levels of calcium in blood and milk-alkali syndrome (Burnett) syndrome.
As can interfere with some medications, after taking Gaviscon must wait 2 hours before taking another medicine by mouth. If you have already taken another medicine, before taking Gaviscon to wait 1-2 hours to get the most benefit from treatment with the other medicine.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the medication.
- Severe renal impairment.
- Hypercalcemia or conditions causing hypercalcemia
- Background of hypophosphatemia
- Nephrolithiasis due to calcium kidney stones.
- Avoid prolonged use because it increases the risk of developing kidney stones.
- The administration of high doses for long periods of time can cause undesirable effects such as hypercalcemia and milk alkali syndrome, particularly in patients with renal insufficiency. The medicine should not be given large amounts of milk or dairy products.
- Should not be administered to patients suffering from hypercalciuria patients.
- Administration is not recommended in patients with severe renal impairment.
- In general, they should not be given antacids containing calcium to patients with constipation, haemorrhoids and sarcoidosis, except best medical judgment.
- Patients with very low levels of gastric acid. There is a possibility of reduced efficacy in these patients.
- In the literature they have been reported isolated cases of a possible relationship between calcium carbonate, appendicitis, gastrointestinal bleeding, intestinal obstruction or edema.
- This medicine contains sodium. For the exact content of sodium, it is recommended to review the composition. Oral and parenteral dosage forms with amounts of sodium than 1 mmol (23 mg) / maximum daily dose should be used with caution in patients with or with sodium diet.
- By Propyl parahydroxybenzoate may cause (possibly delayed) allergic reactions.
- To contain methyl parahydroxybenzoate may cause (possibly delayed) allergic reactions.
- Digitalis (digoxin, digitoxin): no studies with some antacids (algeldrato, magnesium hydroxide) in which is registered decreased absorption of digitalis, so it is recommended spacing administration 2 or 3 h.
- Erlotinib: possible reduction levels erlotinib, by reducing its absorption. Antacids increase gastric pH, which could decrease the solubility of erlotinib, absorption and therapeutic effects. It is recommended to administer at least 4 hours before or 2 hours after the daily dose of the antineoplastic.
- Gabapentin: there has been some decline in the levels of gabapentin when administered together or within 2 hours after taking other antacids, by increasing the pH. It is recommended to administer gabapentin 2 hours before an antacid.
- Quinolones (ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin): no studies with some antacids (algeldrato, almagato) in which registered decrease its absorption by formation of nonabsorbable the intestine insoluble complexes, so it is recommended to separate administration 2 or 3 h.
- Iron salts (citrate, fumarate, iron sulfate): no studies with some antacids (algeldrato, magnesium trisilicate) in which is registered decreased absorption by formation of poorly soluble complexes, which is recommended spacing administration 2 or 3 h.
- Lithium salts (lithium carbonate): There are studies in which there has been a possible increase in renal excretion antimania loss of activity because of the sodium can be reabsorbed instead of lithium.
- Tetracyclines (tetracycline): studies in which there is registered nonabsorbable possible formation at gastrointestinal level complex, thus decreasing its absorption, so it is recommended spacing administration 2 or 3 h.
An open controlled study in 281 pregnant women showed no significant adverse effects of Gaviscon on the course of pregnancy or the health of the fetus / newborn child. Based on this and previous experience, this medicine may be used during pregnancy. Anyway, considering the presence of calcium carbonate is recommended to limit the maximum duration of treatment and avoid concomitant intake of milk and dairy products to prevent excess calcium can trigger a syndrome of alkaline milk.
Use accepted. Not recommended their chronic or overuse.
- Exceptionally, it has been observed allergic adverse reactions such as urticaria or bronchospasm and anaphylaxis.
- It has also been reported that may occur due to prolonged use and high doses, metabolic disorders and nutrition as well as hypercalcemia and alkalosis Burnett syndrome (milk-alkali syndrome).
You might also like