Bemolan gel 2000 mg 30 sobres
Heartburn regulator medicine indicated for the relief of discomfort due to hyperacidity and heartburn. Suitable for adults and children over 6 years old
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
1. What is Bemolan 2000 mg gel and what it is used
Bemolan belongs to a group of medicines called antacids. The active ingredient, magaldrate, is transformed into salts of aluminum and magnesium in the stomach, regulating stomach acidity.
It is indicated for the symptomatic relief of occasional gastric discomfort related to hyperacidity, heartburn and burning.
2. Before taking 2000 mg gel Bemolan
Do not take BEMOLAN if:
· If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to magaldrate or any of the other ingredients of Bemolan.
· If you have bowel obstruction.
· If you have severe kidney disease or low levels of phosphorus in the blood (hypophosphatemia).
· If you have high levels of magnesium in the blood (hypermagnesemia).
Take special care with Bemolan:
Before starting treatment with Bemolan you should tell your doctor if you suffer or have suffered any of the following conditions:
· Impaired renal function: in very prolonged treatment and high doses may be signs of chronic poisoning aluminum and / or magnesium.
· Osteoporosis (loss of bone density) and osteomalacia (softening of bones): prolonged use and high doses of aluminum-containing antacids can worsen some bone diseases due to decreased absorption of phosphorus and calcium the food.
· Dementia (progressive deterioration of brain function): prolonged use and high doses of antacids containing aluminum can aggravate dementia in patients with this disease, because aluminum can accumulate in brain tissue.
Using other medicines:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Avoid coadministration of Bemolan with the following medications because Bemolan can make the following medications are absorbed less:
- Tetracyclines (a group of antibiotics)
- Digoxin (used to treat heart problems)
- Benzodiazepines (used as sedatives and sleep problems)
- Acenocumarol warfarin (oral anticoagulants)
- Indomethacin (anti-inflammatory)
- Cimetidine (antacid)
- Queno- acid and ursodeoxycholic (used in liver problems)
- Iron supplements (used in problems of anemia)
For this reason, the intake of these medications should at least be performed 2-3 hours before or after administration of Bemolan.
Taking Bemolan with food and drink:
Take this medicine 1 to 2 hours after meals.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines:
Bemolan influence on the ability to drive and use machines is nil or negligible.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Bemolan:
Since contains silver sulfate as excipient, no long periods of treatment is recommended, because it may appear skin pigmentation.
This medicine contains less than 23 mg (1 mmol) of sodium per over, so essentially "sodium-free".
3. How to take Bemolan 2000 mg gel
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have doubts.
The usual adult dose is 800 mg to 2000 mg orally gel, depending on the severity of symptoms of one to two hours after meals. In some cases you can take one on additional bedtime.
Children over 6 years: a dose of 400 mg orally one to two hours after meals.
Do not use in children under 6 years.
Before intake, it is important to correctly remove the envelope Bemolan pressing in different directions before opening.
If symptoms worsen or persist after 7 days should consult your doctor.
If you take more than you should Bemolan:
It is recommended not to exceed the total daily amount of 8 grams of magaldrate.
Excessive doses or doses in patients with normal phosphate poor diet can lead to a loss of phosphorus which leads to a loss of bone and calcium in urine, with risk of osteomalacia (softening of bones).
There have been no cases of overdose. In case of overdose or accidental ingestion consult your doctor and / or hospital.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Bemolan can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Bemolan adverse effects are generally mild and transient. Especially at high doses, can cause constipation and diarrhea. However, the recommended doses are very rare such manifestations.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. Conservation of Bemolan 2000 mg gel
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Do not use Bemolan after the expiration date on the package. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
It does not require any special storage conditions.
Do not use Bemolan if you notice signs of deterioration of the packaging or contents.
6. Further information
Composition of Bemolan gel 2000 mg
The active substance is: magaldrate. A 12.5 ml contains about 2000 mg of magaldrate.
The other ingredients are acacia, methylcellulose, sodium cyclamate, simethicone, methylcellulose, sorbic acid, silver sulfate, chlorhexidine digluconate (20% aqueous solution), mint flavor, purified water.
Looks like and contents of the pack
Each sachet contains 12.5 ml of gel or creamy white color, with a slight minty. Presentations: 30 envelopes.
You may be marketed pack sizes.
Authorization holder responsible for marketing and manufacturing
Holder of the marketing authorization:
TAKEDA FARMACEUTICA SPAIN, S.A. C / Alsasua, 20
28023 Madrid. Spain
Responsible for manufacturing:
Robert Bosch Strasse, 8. Singen, Germany
Source: Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products