Levonorgestrel Stada 1,5 mg 1 comprimido
Emergency contraception ('morning after pill').
Indicated to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse or contraceptive method has failed.
It should be taken as soon as possible and no later than 72 hours (3 days)
Security: Web with SSL certificate to guarantee security in all transactions
Shipping: Express delivery with package tracking number
Returns: We accept returns (See section Terms and conditions)
You might also like
WHAT IS LEVONORGESTREL STADA 1.5 MG 1 TABLET
Levonorgestrel Stada is an oral emergency contraceptive, also called 'Morning After Pill'.
It is used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse or contraceptive method has failed.
This medicine has a dual mechanism of action: Acts by inhibiting ovulation and also producing changes in the endometrium and cervical mucus that hinder implantation of the fertilized egg in the event that ovulation has already occurred.
It is estimated that Stada Levonorgestrel prevents 85% of unwanted pregnancies. The efficiency is greater the sooner the tablet is taken after unprotected intercourse or contraceptive failure after.
Must be taken as soon as possible, preferably within 12 hours and no later than 72 hours (3 days).
- Active ingredient: Each tablet contains 1.5 mg of levonorgestrel.
- Excipients: Lactose and others.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you are allergic to levonorgestrel or any other part of this medicine.
- If you have liver or severe malabsorption as Crohn's disease.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars as 1.5 mg Levonorgestrel Stada contains lactose.
- If menstruation is delayed more than 5 days or different from the usual bleeding occurs.
- If you are currently being treated with any other medications, especially if it is: ulipristal acetate, cyclosporine, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, griseofulvin, primidone, hypericum, rifambutina, ritonavir or rifampicin.
Levonorgestrel Stada is not effective if you are already pregnant.
It is recommended that after taking Levonorgestrel a contraceptive barrier method is used until the next menstrual cycle. Women who were using a hormonal contraceptive should continue taking to complete the cycle.
This medicine will not protect against the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
Levonorgestrel Stada should only be used occasionally as emergency contraception, it should not be used as a substitute for regular contraceptive method.
Do not administer this medicine to pregnant women.
Levonorgestrel taking during pregnancy not interrupted, at very high doses can cause virilization in the fetus.
It is known that levonorgestrel is excreted in breast milk so their use is discouraged women breast-feeding.
- Adult and adolescent women from 16 years old: 1 tablet as soon as possible, preferably within 12 hours after unprotected intercourse or contraceptive method has failed. It should not be taken if 72 hours (3 days) have passed.
- Girls under 16 years old: Do not administer because it is not yet have sufficient safety and efficacy studies.
The Levonrgestrel tablet must be swallowed whole.
If vomiting occurs on the 3 hours after taking Levonorgestrel should take another tablet as soon as possible.
The most common side effects reported include nausea, abdominal pain, headache, bleeding not related to menstruation and asthenia.
Less often they have appeared: dizziness, vomiting and menstrual cycle disorders.
If pregnancy occurs after treatment, consider the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.
Taking this medicine may change in a few days the menstrual period. Levonorgestrel repeated administration within the same menstrual cycle is not recommended to prevent alteration.
There have been no serious adverse reactions after ingestion of large doses of oral contraceptives.
Overdosage or accidental ingestion may cause nausea and bleeding. In these cases seek medical attention or call the Poison Control Center: (+34) 915 620 420
Laboratorio Stada S.L.
Frederic Mompou 5
08960 Sant Just Desvern - Barcelona (Spain)