* All prices include VAT
Antitussive syrup indicated to calm the nonproductive cough: dry cough (irritative or nerve) in adults and children over 2 years old
This product is no longer in stock
WHAT IS LEVOTUSS SYRUP
Levotuss is a syrup containing as active ingredient levodropropicina. This compound is an antitussive used to relieve dry, irritating cough or nervous.
It is suitable for adults and children from 2 years old.
- Active ingredient: 6 ml of levodropropicina per ml of syrup.
- Excipients: sucrose, propyl parahydroxybenzoate and methyl, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, cherry flavoring and water.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Check with your doctor before taking Levotuss if:
- If you are allergic to levodropropicina or any other part of Levotuss.
- If you have excess bronchial mucus secretion.
- If you have diabetes, kidney or liver failure.
- If you are being treated with anti-anxiety medications.
- If the patient is younger than 2 years old.
- If the patient is a pregnant or lactating woman.
- If you have intolerance to sucrose.
Levotuss may cause drowsiness, this should be taken into account when driving or operating dangerous machinery.
Diabetic patients should be aware that this medicine contains 4 grams of glucose per 10 milliliters of syrup.
This syrup contains propyl parahydroxybenzoate and methyl so could lead to allergic reactions.
Do not use in children under 2 years old.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
It is not advisable to take Levotuss during pregnancy or for women who could become pregnant.
This medicine is excreted in breast milk so it is not recommended for use during breastfeeding.
It is advisable to take Levotuss without food because there are not enough studies on the absorption of this medicine with food.
- Adults: Administer 10 ml every 6 to 8 hours. Do not exceed 3 daily doses.
- Children between 2 and 6 years old: Administer only for medical reasons. The dose depends on the patient's weight:
. 10 to 15 kg: 2.5 ml three times a day.
. 16 to 20 kg: 3 ml 3 times a day.
. 21 to 30 kg: 5ml 3 times a day.
. From 31 to 45 kg: 7.5 ml three times a day.
. Over 45 kg: 10 ml 3 times a day.
As symptoms cease treatment should be discontinued. It is not advisable to use Levotuss for more than 1 week.
If symptoms do not improve or even worsen after 4 days of treatment you should consult a doctor.
- Common: gastrointestinal disorders (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspepsia), heart (palpitations) or (drowsiness, fatigue, clumsiness, dizziness, headache) nervous system.
- Rare: respiratory disorders (dyspnea), heart (chest pain), eye (visual disturbances) or skin (skin allergies).
tachycardia may appear. In this case, immediately consult a doctor.
If you want you can also call the poison control center: +34 915 62 04 20
HOLDER OF THE MARKETING AUTHORISATION
Rottapharm, S.L. Avenida Diagonal, 67-69
08019 Barcelona (Spain)
TFN: 932988200 - Fax: 934319885
RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURING
Via Campo di Pile
67100 L'Aquila (Italy)